Deputy Financial Controller
£65000 - £75000 per annum + extensive package.
Resourcery Group are recruiting for a marketleading consumer services PLC in Chester who, as part of wider succession planning, are looking to recruit a number 2 to the Group Financial Controller.
This deputy role is newly created and will act as the eyes and ears of the Group Financial Controller on a daily basis, overseeing a team responsible for Financial Reporting, Tax and Treasury. A critical role within both Finance and the wider business, this is a pivotal career move which will act a a stepping stone on the journey to Group Financial Controller over the next 35 years.
Working as part of a wider finance function, circa 25 heads, you will manage a team of 8 via 1 direct report. Coaching, developing and managing your team will be key to your role, ensuring that the work produced across the team is accurate, relevant and on time. The business has been investing heavily in finance and HR systems improving the planning and forecasting capability as they look to build the Chester site into a paragon of finance excellence.
As the number two to the Group Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the operational running of the finance to support the ambitious growth targets of the business. You will be responsible for all internal and external reporting, financial control, tax and treasury driving efficiency improvements through the use and adoption of automation, technology and systems.
Managing a large team in a Centre of Finance Excellence you must be an exceptionally strong communicator capable of motivating and managing not just those beneath you in the organisation but also those above your and outside finance Chief Risk Officer, the Commercial Finance Director, CFO, Head of Internal Audit, Commercial Director, auditors, banks.
Your key areas of responsibility cover:
- Financial accounts and external reporting for a listed PLC.
- Preparation of management accounts for all division and Group full P&L, BS and CFS.
- Manage the transactional finance team
- Design, maintain, improve, operate a robust financial control environment
- Own the monthly forecast of working capital balances, cash and cash flows, as well as, annual budgeting
- Develop investment plans for key systems areas and regularly review systems and processes driving efficiency improvements.
- Tax compliance and own relationship with HMRC
In terms of background:
- ACA qualified preferably from the Big 4
- Experienced team leader and mentor
- Capable of being developed into a Group Financial Controller in the next 35 years
- A senior stakeholder manager capable of influencing crossfunctionally
- Experience in a Group reporting role with strong IFRS, UKGAAP, Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE experience
Posted 73 days ago