Customs Clearance Operator
Felixstowe, Suffolk, England
Customs Clearance Operator - VR/20317
The Company & Role:
Our client, a leading global logistics supplier, is looking for a Customs Clearance Operator for their Felixstowe branch.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed in a correct manner & presented within the expected time frames given.
- Any potential system problems must be advised to your manager immediately.
- Customers advised immediately on entry completion & confirmation of costs as received from customs. Also advised of any imposed local holds effecting planned delivery.
- Any issues causing cargo to be delayed through customs clearance on document problems must be brought to the attention of your Manager/Departmental Head.
- All Duty & VAT invoices for which the company is liable on costs are to be completed, & accepted on cost control along with other internal departmental responsibilities.
- To abide to the Compliance Policies & Procedures of the Company.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Customs clearance experience & knowledge of Ocean industry.
- Competent with completion of at least basis home-use customs clearance procedures.
- Strong Customer Service skills are essential.
- Effective written & verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to prioritise & manage high workloads in challenging situations & meeting deadlines.
- Ability to make considered & consistent decisions.
- Fast and accurate data entry.
- High levels of energy, sound judgement & determination to achieve with a sense of urgency.
- Minimum GCSE standard in English & Maths (or equivalent) essential.
- Basic level of word and excel.
You will receive a salary depending on your skills and experience.
If youre interested, click apply now, or email your CV to our Shipping Team on #########
Posted 60 days ago