SEND Teaching Assistant St Helens
St Helens, Merseyside
£57.50 - £65.00 per day
Are you a motivated and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference?
Do you have a background working within the SEND sector?
Or do you have a keen interest in moving into the SEND sector?
Then CER Education may have the job for you
A unique and exciting opening for an SEN Teaching Assistant has arisen within a primary school located in the St Helens area. The school caters for children with a wide range of additional needs, including social, emotional and mental health difficulties, autism spectrum disorders and moderate learning difficulties. This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational individual to ensure an equitable education for all.
Our ideal candidate will be able to work alongside the class teachers and in small group settings to deliver inspirational learning experiences in a stimulating environment and be committed to excellence, inclusion and challenge. We are looking for someone who will consistently model effective teaching and learning and can demonstrate vision, imagination, creativity and a commitment to inclusive education and community cohesion.
The school cares about each learner that comes through the door, and have a strong motto which underpins and guides all elements of daily practice in the school. They focus on helping every child to fulfil his or her potential within a safe, caring and stimulating environment and to allow the children to both learn and live as independently as possible.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience when working with children with SEND.
- A valid DBS check on the update service or be willing to obtain this.
- An understanding of Special Educational Needs (SEN) and the barriers to learning.
- Additional CPD qualifications, such as: TeamTeach and Moving & Handling would be highly beneficial but not essential.
- Two suitable references covering the last 2 years.
- Commitment to a possible 4 month assignment.
CER can offer you:
- Support with interview preparation when applying for the job.
- A dedicated, supportive consultant who is a primary specialist.
- Free, continuous CPD courses, supported by the school and CER.
- Streamline competitive weekly pay that reflect your experience and pay scale.
- Career development and progression opportunities.
Simply click apply and we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss a registration. Alternatively, call the CER Liverpool Branch on######### for more information regarding how we can support your next career move.
Posted 11 days ago