Stevenage & Dartford with UK Travel
Competitive, plus benefits.
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of multiple projects across the business. This could be anything from a complete project to update or replace a specific component of existing systems, through to the work-stream of a large business facing project.
For large projects, you will take responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of each project phase, and will be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of each project, and the motivation and development of the project team.
For smaller pieces of work the role will involve a sub-set of project management activities. You may work within the scope of a wider project plan, for example, where you are responsible for delivering a work-stream in an overall project.
From time to time Project Managers will be situated within the business area in which a project is running, reporting into another Project Manager, as well as the Business Owner and Sponsor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successful delivery of the full scope of a project or work-stream within a business project, including technology and operational processes
- Planning and designing the project structure and deliverables, and proactively monitoring overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate
- Estimating, securing and managing the overall project budget and resource profile
- Developing, presenting and monitoring the overall project plan within the defined governance
- Report on project progress through agreed reporting lines, at agreed intervals, via highlight reports and portfolio/programme/project board when necessary
- Managing the project risks and issues, including the development of contingency plans
- Change control and any required configuration management
- Directing and motivating the project team
- Ensure regular dialogue with project team and stakeholders to promote solving, team working and risk sharing
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Project management and delivery experience, with a record of successful delivery and management of budgets in the region of £0.5mn - £3mn (preferably within the Utility Services sector)
- PRINCE2 qualified
- MS Office suite knowledge, including Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Proven experience in business change management, project planning, cost, budget and risk and issue management
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively at all levels
- Strong leadership, people management and team building capabilities
- Well organised, proactive and able to multi-task
- Based in Stevenage & Dartford with UK Travel
- Degree in relevant subject preferred
What's in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Posted 11 days ago