Integral / JLL is a leading provider of transformational services designed to improve the performance and efficiency of building, industry, infrastructure and cities. Supporting customer sites, across the public, private and healthcare sectors, JLL-Integral teams work closely with customers to provide integrated solutions by utilising their strengths in technical services, facilities management and business processes, often combining these with its energy expertise.Purpose of the job:
- To lead the pricing of moderately complex tenders and produce highly competitive commercial bids that will ensure we secure our chosen opportunities and achieve our growth ambitions.
- You will achieve this by working with the wider Business Development Team to develop a prime cost model for service based bids from first principles and market benchmarks.Key Accountabilities:
- As Senior Estimator you will be working alongside the Business Development Team and together with ambitious, innovative and highly motivated individuals from across the business to develop best in class quality submissions.
- You will be required to support the Head of Estimating in day to day process management duties and where required deputies in ad-hoc Senior Management Team responsibilities.
- A key purpose of this position is to ensure the retention of current business and the acquisition of new business through commercially sound and competitive pricing; actively seeking innovative pricing solutions to assist the bid team in developing winning submissions.
- The role incorporates all aspects of data (financial and non-financial) collation, analysis and report preparation including the population of base data in the bid financial and operational models.
- Accountable to the Head of Estimating and Principal Estimators for the allocation and completion of Business Development Opportunities Responsible for the accurate and timely conclusion of the relevant governance process relating to your team, including but not limited to Purple, Red and Advance Notice and Investment Notice sign off Prepare costings for tender submissions in consultation with the Bid Manager and operational personnel and support bid production as and when required Deputy for the Head of Estimating and other Estimators as and where required Undertake cost analysis for facilities management and life cycle works Assist in establishing client requirements Perform risk assessment, value management and cost control exercises Visit sites as necessary to compile accurate tender proposals Assist in the preparation of costing and life cycle models based on project details, Bills of Quantities and actual condition findings Advise on maintenance, repair and refurbishment techniques to minimise future maintenance risk, contributing to the creation of method statements and other documentation to support bid submissions Advise on procurement strategy Evaluate the contract supplied by the client as part of the tender process and identify any potential areas of risk Contribute to post-submission clarification responses and tender presentations if required Prepare accurate and prudent cost/value analysis Work alongside Regional Managers to identify and meet appropriate human resource and procurement requirements Create contract programmes if required, maintaining and updating these as projects proceed Maintain robust and consistent change control processes to identify changes/variations as relevant for each scheme Assist the Bid Manager and Operations Managers with all commercial and contractual queries Maintain awareness of the FM industry in general and the various contracts in use Contribute business improvement/efficiency ideas and initiatives Attention to detail, analytical and effective in communicating at all levels Practical, logical and methodical approach to work Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving Strong numeracy and financial management skills Strong reporting skills
Ability to produce work of a high standard to strict deadlines and with limited supervision.Knowledge and skills:
- An estates or building maintenance background ideally with some operational experience Strong financial acumen with an ability to analyse complex data and documentation with accuracyAble to provide a costing build up based on productive hours, shift pattern and access hoursAbility to present proposal, both internally and externally, in a professional manner and with a full understanding of the delivery solution put forward; including validation of innovation or cost savings put forwardAble to support bid production with written explanation for client returnsUnderstanding of resources required and issues faced including their impact on costsKnowledge of the Hard/Soft FM process and an understanding of how Services with Energy can be promotedGood organisational skills, flexibility to travel with the ability to work to tight deadlines on multiple projectsPC literate with sound experience of working with Excel.Behavioral Capabilities:
- Collaborating: Role will be a key member of the Business Development team, in addition regular interface with colleagues in other functions (Commercial, legal, HR etc.). The ability to communicate across teams is essential
- Commercial: A strong understanding of the commercial proposition of each bid and the subsequent financial impact and risk associated to that position.
- Contributing: As a member of the ‘project team' for bids positive contribution to the wider bid strategy is both valued and expected. This is in addition to the core responsibility of ensuring that bids are financially compliant and that risks and opportunities are adequately presented for board review.
- Leading: Act as the SME (subject matter expert) for all cost model related issues that arise as part of the bidding lifecycle.
- Influencing: The role will be client facing in the form of competitive dialogue attendance and client presentations. The ability to clearly explain cost build up and concepts to finance and non-financial clients is essential.
- Planning: The ability to plan and manage expectations is vital as this role involves working across multiple projects/bids at any one time.
Posted 20 days ago