Watford, Hertfordshire, England
Excellent + benefits + bonus
Wickes is an exciting, fast paced, changing environment. We have plenty going on in 2019 and a lot planned for 2020! We strongly believe our culture is one of the many reasons people join us as well as the opportunity to excel and get involved in different initiatives, were a great bunch.
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager to join our Head Office team in Watford, and if this sounds like an opportunity for you read on below to find out more...
Main purpose of role:
To identify and maintain the best sources of supply for the components, product materials and services Wickes needs, considering all aspects of the supplier and Travis Perkins Group relationships, including quality, value and the ability to respond quickly to innovation and changing supply requirements.
- Personal accountability for an in-year cost of goods benefit delivery target as agreed with the Head of Strategic Procurement
- Actively contribute to the development of the annual and 3 to 5 year sourcing plan through spend analysis and identification of opportunities
- Manage buying project dependencies risks and issues clearly communicating these to stakeholders
- Develop strong collaborative internal relationships with all key stakeholders, both within Wickes and the wider Travis Perkins Group functions.
- Utilising an understanding of global commodity markets, freight rates, and currency movements, identify suitable sourcing countries and regions, based on potential cost improvements, quality and supply chain efficiencies
- Support the Head of Strategic procurement to dentify the suppliers that are most important to the success of Wickes and negotiate long-term contracts that set out prices, quality standards, cost-reduction and delivery performance targets, and commercial terms and conditions.
- Monitor the performance of strategic suppliers against contractual standards and work with them and the Wickes Commercial teams to achieve continuous improvements in costs and performance.
- Communicate and escalate delays or issues early so they can be flagged in Project and Range Review steering groups.
- Ensure robust tracking of in year savings from completed projects with accurate forecasts from future projects, identifying and resolving potential issues quickly and effectively.
- Provide training sessions as necessary and coach the Wickes Category teams in procurement excellence
What are we looking for:
- Educated to degree level ideally with a Supply Chain or Procurement qualification
- Previous experience dealing with global exporters
- Project management experience.
- Evidence of successfully negotiating complex terms across multiple Business Units or Retail brands.
- Understanding of commercial relationships between supplier and customer
- At least 4 years experience within a Sourcing, Supply Chain or Commercial Department.
- Strong analytical skills and confident communication skills.
- Ability to identify, prioritise and implement opportunities to remove cost from the full value chain.
- Multiple stakeholder management.
- Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level.
- Planning and Organisation, Networking,
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Knowledge of end to end supply chain operations and where to seek value improvement.
What can we offer you?
Wickes is more than just the nations favourite DIY store. Were part of the Travis Perkins Group, one of the UKs top employers. Thats why the first thing youll notice at Wickes is the way everyone pulls together. Its a place where well ask for your ideas, listen to your opinions and value the contributions you make. Chances are youve never experienced anything quite like our culture. All our colleagues come from different backgrounds, but what we all have in common is a determination to succeed and a passion for being the best we can be. If that sounds like you, well make you feel right at home.
Posted 10 days ago