£35,000 per annum
Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit SHEQ Advisor to work on our Severn Trent Water contract in Derby.
As the SHEQ Advisor you will be responsible for delivering SHEQ advice, instruction and guidance for the Severn Trent Water contract. Located in the Birmingham area (you must be able to commute to this area on a daily basis) to cover Gloucestershire, Birmingham and Shrewsbury with regular visits to the main office at Derby (and other areas as required).
The scope consists of:
- Water Networks
- Repair & Maintenance Reinstatement
- Provision of Temporary Traffic Management
- Trunk Main Repairs
As the SHEQ Advisor your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Determine and ensure site compliance against company, client and legislative requirements
- Foster the development of SHEQ skills within operational line management
- Ensure consistent implementation of SHEQ standards across the contract
- Support and assist the MUS SHEQ Manager on all SHEQ matters including processes and procedures, assurance and verification
- Undertake inspections / audits of contracts and identify areas for improvement
- Delivery of MUS Group training courses, initiatives, inductions and events
- Support local management with Incident and Accident investigations and provide Root Cause Analysis reports as directed
- Participate in the creation of briefings and presentations and delivery
Skills & Knowledge Requirement
- NEBOSH Construction / General Certificate
- Full UK Driving License
- New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) card
- CSCS card
- Awareness of Health and Wellbeing good practice
- Strong communicator with an ability to advise on SHEQ matters across the contractual area of operations
- Ability to deliver at operator level contractual SHEQ initiatives and communications across the project area
- An understanding of the Clean Water system
- Relevant EUSR qualifications Nation water hygiene
- Experience within the water industry
- Environmental Qualifications
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to effectively plan and organise your own work
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Health
- Company Car
Our vision is to be the leading utility service provider delivering a cost effective, quality service to our clients and achieving acceptable financial returns. In simple terms this means "delivering what we promise" with safety as our number one business driver.
Our people are our most important asset and we invest in training and development programmes which produce teams capable of offering the expertise and dependability our clients rely on. Our mission is to continuously add value either through incremental changes to our systems or via innovations which continuously improve the way we work.
'Morrison Utility Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities’.
Posted 15 days ago