Repair & Maintenance Operative - Birmingham
Morrison Utility Services are looking to recruit Repair & Maintenance Operatives who will be working with a Morrison Ganger/Leader to deliver dig and fix capability to the Severn Trent Water Repair and Maintenance contract.
As an Operative your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all dig and fix works undertaken is safe and in line with MUS, STW procedures and industry best practice. Risk assessment (understands, able and follow)
- Set up site and remove site. Chapter 8.
- Appear presentable (personally and vehicle)
- Demonstrate an excellent level of customer engagement (pre site calls and in person)
- Defect / damage reporting
- Working in highways with pedestrians and live traffic.
- Maintain a clean and safe work sit, vehicle and tooling
- Adhere to any relevant policies and procedures
- Escalates issues
- NRSWA including Reinstatement modules
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Mini excavator CPCS
- Driving Licence including towing B,E
- Water hygiene card
- Water SHEA or CSCS
- Emergency First Aid
- Abrasive Wheels
- Manual Handling
- Thrust Boring
- IT Literate
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
‘M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Posted 15 days ago