Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £24000.0 per annum + benefits
Up to £24,000 plus benefits
Manchester city centre
6 month fixed term contract
Were looking for a driven events assistant to help take Coop events to the next level. If you can bring the passion and experience we need, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to develop your career and make a real impact with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
The Coop events programme includes B2B and B2C events ranging from flagship charity galas, supplier conferences and awards ceremonies to smaller trade events and brand activations. The Coop events team deliver some of the programme inhouse, but also use a roster of agencies who provide varying levels of support.
What youll do
* take ownership of the end to end delivery of smaller events
* support the delivery of large scale Coop events, working with colleagues within the events team
* take briefs from colleagues across the Coop up to a senior level
own events budgets
* work with colleagues across the business to manage the coordination and execution of different event deliverables
* meet with partners to manage expectations and make sure everything is on budget and time
* manage wrap up sessions and surveys, taking feedback from events to help shape future strategies
* attend events to physically manage on day
* present events plans and postevent feedback in meetings
This role would suit people who have
* events experience where youve been involved in the planning, admin, management and running a variety events with different scales and audiences
* worked with postevents surveys
* intermediate MS Office and Excel skills
* great relationship management skills
* good organisation and multitasking ability
* events experience from an agency background this would be useful but not essential
* any experience with budget ownership thisd be a real advantage
* experience of taking briefs this would also be beneficial
Here youll do work that matters. Were a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, youll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Coop and stronger communities. Youll also get a package that includes:
* competitive salary
* coaching, training and support to help you develop
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* annual incentive scheme
* 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
* discounts on Coop products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
Were actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Coop people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application youll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Posted 15 days ago