Relief Support Worker - Launceston
£9.00 per hour + excellent benefits
Are you looking for a rewarding role where you can make a real difference to the lives of people with a Learning Disability?
Thanks to the ongoing success of the current service, we are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated Relief Support Workers to join our team in Launceston. We are looking for vibrant, compassionate and honest individuals who will support our individuals to live the life they choose to live.
The people we support need you to be understanding, reliable and most importantly caring – one of Mencap’s key values. Drivers are preferred due to the location, however we will consider applicants who live local to the services.
We have various shifts available and these will be spread across morning, afternoons, evening and include sleep ins (Payment for sleep ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements). Flexibility is important as all our shifts will be spread across the weekdays and weekends. The best thing about flexibility? It's a two-way street. While we may require that you work a variety of shifts, we also understand that you’ll have your own commitments and we will try to factor this into our rotas.
As a Support Worker some of things you will be involved with include:
- Giving the people we support person-centered support in doing the things they love, and in making choices and decisions.
- Supporting in preparing and eating meals
- Encouraging the people within the service to try new things, to grow and develop to their full potential
- Supporting with washing, finances and medication
- Supporting with aspects of personal care
- Support with general cleaning and managing the home
There’s a real sense of friendship at the service, something that’s particularly important to both the staff and the people we support. All you’ll need to have is a positive attitude and a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. If you support the people we care for, we will support you with award winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
If you wish to finish each day knowing you have made a difference to other people’s lives, then we want to hear from you!
* An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (paid for by Mencap)
Posted 13 days ago