Apprenticeships Delivery Manager
Apprenticeship Account Manager Location : London (travel to client as required) Salary : £30 - £35k based on experience
- Everyone deserves a job they love. At Makers, our mission is to transform lives, accelerating the careers of tech professionals by integrating education & employment.
- We help people change their lives, through training and employment, and you'll help them get the most out of the first year of their new career. This job is part account management, part project delivery. Great relationships are your currency and Make Things Happen is your motto.
- Our Apprenticeship programme consists of three months of intensive training, followed by around 9 months of placement support for all Apprentices whilst they work as Junior Software Engineers with their employer. The programme exists to support both career changers and new entrants into the job market to accelerate their careers as technology professionals and provide cost-effective hiring and training for new and existing staff for employers.
- You'll be the first point of contact for the Apprenticeship client & be responsible for delivering an end-to-end incredible service to our clients and to our developers. It will be your responsibility to make the client happy. This means that we understand the client needs, their culture, technologies & ways of working so that we can select the best people for them.
- You'll be trusted to provide timely and accurate reports on the progress of each apprentice throughout the programme and ensure we are able to identify future client problems that we can help solve.
- You'll be working on different Apprenticeship projects for the same client, as well as across different clients. For each project, you'll work closely with the rest of the Apprenticeships team as well as central operations teams such as Enterprise Sales, Marketing and Finance. You will essentially be bridging the gap between Sales and Delivery, ensuring we exceed expectations and deliver exceptional value for money.
- Client Success in Apprenticeships looks like:
- The client gets proactive, fast-learning, creative software developers; andEach of our developers achieves or exceeds their goals; andWorking with Makers helps to solve the client's larger (tech) talent problems.
You can expect:
To quickly take ownership of projects.To contribute, from day one to the ongoing improvement of the Apprenticeship service.To work with amazing people who care about doing good and doing it well.The autonomy to make decisions and act on them, with the support and advice of your team, about how we work with each other and with our clients.To be encouraged to seek out new opportunities and pursue them.
- What you'll mostly be doing:
- Coordinating activities across multiple teams at Makers (and our suppliers) to deliver an incredible service. This includes finding the right developers for the client, making sure their onboarding is smooth and effective, helping the teams they're joining to get the most out of them, and working with the Coaching team to support them on the job.Building great relationships with everyone involved, so that all planned things happen on time, to an excellent quality.Taking ownership of all unexpected issues being resolved quickly and brilliantly - always working towards the project's goals and in line with our values.Working closely with the Client Director in the later stages of the sales process to help define the project goals and how it will be delivered. Seeking out relevant information and sharing it with the Client Director to enhance up/cross-sell of our services.Analysis and reporting.Regular check-ins with the client, to identify their needs, designing and implementing solutions to meet them.Working closely with the Careers and Coaching teams to improve our service by gathering feedback and conducting customer development frequently.
Progression in the role:
- Learning about new stuff - Things you might not know now, but you can learn about in this job: what makes a great environment for learning; best practice for software development; effective recruitment (of developers); agile customer development; and reflective working practices.Learning about yourself - At Makers, you get a lot of autonomy, and with that comes a lot of responsibility. It takes time to learn how to be autonomous while working well with other autonomous people - it doesn't mean working alone! Having responsibility for everything you do, including how well you're doing it, means you'll likely learn a lot about yourself - probably more than you would in another company.Growing as a business - Makers is growing faster now than any point in its six-year history. Apprenticeships, alongside the pathway programme, means the company is working with more people, for longer and to greater effect.Growing as a professional - You'll be growing with the business too. As you help to improve our service, you'll be able to train others, take on more responsibility and branch out into other parts of the business. As we work with more businesses, training more people (perhaps in different locations) your role will evolve to fit your skills and ambitions, with respect to the business's needs and objectives.Technical Training - Using our experience we've developed an amazing internal training tool that everyone is welcome to take to level up their technical knowledge.
Working in a company that's built on trust over fear with a core mission to transform lives;Growing as a person, by learning transparency, vulnerability, the growth mindset, emotional intelligence, perhaps some hard truths about yourself, and how to give and receive feedback honestly and productively;Join weekly yoga and daily meditation sessions run for the staff and students;Discounts on classes & treatments at Triyoga Shoreditch;Join a scaling company that's evolving all the time;We have a minimum holiday policy, rather than a maximum - we encourage our team to take at least 33 days a year;Private Medical Insurance after you've been with us at least 3 months;A Perks @Work account for significant discounts on products, experiences and things like gym membership;Being surrounded by a diverse group of bright, motivated people, who all really care about doing the very best they can for our students, for our hiring partners and for each others.
- Nice to haves :
- Previous Enterprise account management experienceKnowledge of Apprenticeships / EducationSome tech knowledge (know your Java from your Ruby)
How to get your new job :
- Apply with some detailsTelephone callFace to face interview with Delivery Manager and Head of Delivery½ day in the office with the teamMeeting our CEO and MD
Posted 14 days ago