Understanding Zoek’s A.I. technology used to enhance your job search
Friday 17th July 2020
You may have noticed how here at Zoek, we mention using ‘intelligent job matching technology.’ What we mean by this is, we use artificial intelligence (A.I.) to help you find a job. This doesn’t mean we have robots working for us, but we do use a unique, multi-layered, self-learning algorithm. That’s quite a mouthful to say and even harder to grasp any meaning from. The truth is, it’s simple to understand when you break it down into the five layers our system uses to more accurately match job seekers to relevant job adverts.
‘Zoeking’ to the future
The majority of other job boards don’t use more than one or two layers. But Zoek’s forward thinking approach has given us a powerful edge, when it comes to connecting candidates with their ideal job. Think of our five layers as individual filters. When you apply these together all at the same time, they act as a finely weaved net, letting only the most relevant job adverts pass through. This means you spend less time scrolling and reading through job listings that don’t fit your skill set.
Check out our short video below, which shows our A.I. technology in action…
The layers of our A.I. technology
1. Job search – Searches for the specific job title you requested. This is used by every job board to bring up a list of results centred around what you type into the search bar. For example, ‘teaching assistant’ would bring up all job adverts that mention anything to do with teaching or being an assistant. So, you could end up with some ‘marketing assistant’ roles in the search results or roles like ‘foreign languages teaching assistant’ that might not be entirely suitable to all job seekers.
2. Categories – Searches across suitable sectors, such as education. Let’s say you want to filter out the other ‘assistant’ roles, so you only see those relevant to your industry. This would be set to ‘education’. So only teaching assistant roles in the education sector will appear.
3. CV key word extraction – Finds keywords in a CV and searches for suitable jobs featuring those key words. When you connect your CV to your Zoek job seeker account, it allows our system to scan through it for keywords. You could have done your ‘early years initial teacher training’ and Zoek’s AI technology now knows that the best job match for you, would be jobs that are based in early years settings. You can see this smart technology in action for yourself in our Search With CV feature.
4. ‘Fuzzy search’ – Refines search by identifying and searching for related keywords. This now starts to help fill out your results with really relevant jobs. From early years, we can now also show jobs that mention pre-school, kindergarten, primary school, and reception etc.
5. Synonym search – Further refinement by including synonyms in the search. Teaching and assistant could be written by some employers as ‘learning helper’ or ‘teaching aide’.
How job seekers will benefit
The best thing about all this is you won’t even notice Zoek’s AI technology doing it. You will benefit from only seeing a high-quality pool of relevant jobs. You can apply for more jobs, that we have identified as being a good match. Meaning your chances of hearing back from the employer are also increased. You will also be able to apply more quickly, without the need for reading long job descriptions to see if you might be a suitable candidate.
Register with Zoek today and see the magic happen for yourself. Make your job search more efficient with Zoek’s smooth, fast, and simple application process. It’s intelligent job matching that will have you wondering why you ever looked anywhere else!