Job provided by Hiring People
Share this job on social:
About the job
One of the largest suppliers of structural building products in the world are currently looking to recruit a Product Manager to support their fastening products division (Screws and Nails) in the UK and Ireland.
As a Product Manager you will be responsibile for the following:-
- Determine customers' needs and desires by specifying and conducting the research needed to obtain market information.
- Assess product market and obtain information by calling on customers with field salespeople.
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Obtain product market information by working with Sales Director and therefore help to develop product sales strategies.
- Help determine product pricing by using market research data; reviewing costs and anticipated volume.
- Agree product marketing objectives with the Sales Director and provide information to help with marketing communication.
- Work with European Product Mangers to ensure that the product and packaging is compatibility with UK market needs and overall local and European market strategy.
- Work closely with Marketing and Technical departments to ensure that the product line communication works within the overall fastener product strategy. Ensure that all information required by these support functions is available.
- Facilitate inventory levels and product availability by reviewing and adjusting forecasts to enable planner to schedule product deliveries.
- Recommend future product lines by reviewing markets in the UK and Ireland and working with the European Product Managers to ensure the product meet specification and requirements. This has to be done within the existing new product development procedures and guidelines.
- Brings new products to market by analysing proposed new product requests. Substantiating whether there is a market for the product, and then working through the new product request procedure, to ensure that the product is delivered on time with all the sales resources required.
- Introduce and market new products by developing plans with sales, marketing and production.
- Assist in training employees on the product range to ensure that they have the knowledge they need to successfully grow sales.
- Any other activity which will help Simpson Strong-Tie be successful in fasteners.
- Someone with proven success and experience of a product management role. This should include previous experience with a tangible product.
- Experience in the fastenings or construction market would be preferred but is not essential.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) with a logical and detailed approach.
- The role is seen as mainly office based, but will involve travel both within the UK and Europe.
"For the last 60 years, Simpson Strong-Tie has focused on creating structural products that help people build safer and stronger homes and buildings. Considered a leader in structural systems research, testing and innovation, Simpson Strong-Tie is one of the largest suppliers of structural building products in the world.
At Simpson Strong-tie we value the individual, and the creativity that individuals can bring to the workplace. You join this company for a career, not a job!"
How to apply
To learn more please click on the link provided to attach your CV and our client will be in direct contact.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.