Residential Care Worker
£7.83 to £8.52 per hour
Are you positive, enthusiastic and committed?
- My client is looking for wonderful people with a zest for life to join their children’s home, providing a supportive environment for learning and development.
Training and support is provided to aid the successful candidate on their career path.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attending young people’s meetings and contributing to them
- Receiving training appropriate to role and maintaining an up to date training profile
- Taking responsibility for a small number of young people and ensuring that their needs are fully met
- Establishing relationships which young people perceive to be positive, warm and rewarding
- Providing advice, assistance and support on a 1:1 basis to enable young people to address past and present difficulties
- Providing emotional support at times of difficulty or stress
- Being ambitious for young people, helping them achieve their goals and optimise their potential
- Providing support for young people in their education and extra-curricular activities
- Keeping accurate records and providing written reports on young people for planning meetings, reviews or any other meetings as directed by the line manager
- Empowering young people and facilitating their active involvement in the decision making about their lives and future
- Acting as an advocate at meetings where the young person is the subject of discussion
- Encouraging the young person to develop links with the community, attend off-site activities and expand their personal social network
- Minimum requirements:
- Ideally previous experience in a residential children’s home
- Current UK drivers license with own vehicle
- The ability to be flexible and work shifts
- Good communication skills
- Pension Auto-enrolment
- ‘Pay Care Scheme’, this is a company health care benefit
- ‘Perk Box’, this allows the employees to get discounts or free offers on hundreds of well known high street brands.
- Annual Leave Service Award
- Funding and support for qualifications including level 2 team leading awards, level 3 childcare qualifications and level 5 management qualifications for those who really want to progress
Closing date: ASAP Interview: ASAP Contact: Ismail at Job Paths 4 U
Job Paths 4 U is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business. We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.
Posted 133 days ago