Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
We are seeking to appoint a Mental Health Service Team Leader in Watford with travel across the county). The successful applicant will receive £21,000-£23,000 per annum.
We are a charity working to alleviate the symptoms and address the causes of loneliness and social isolation. Enabling independence, sense of purpose and achievement we, at Guideposts Trust, connect people and communities. We support all ages, needs and backgrounds through information, support and friendship.
We make a difference to make a memory.
As a charity we have over 40 years' experience meeting the needs of individuals who face any number of complex challenges; from autism, learning disability and mental health conditions, to physical disability and age-related conditions, such as dementia, sensory impairment and mobility problems. Whether through active care and support services, information advice and guidance or independent living and training projects; Guideposts exists in order to connect people and their carers with opportunities.
Our Mental Health Service in Watford works with 200+ clients per year and has successfully been supporting the community for over 25 years. The Henry Smith House service offers both building based and outreach services to individuals with Mental Health conditions in Watford and surrounding areas. We run a range of wellbeing and activity groups throughout the week led by Community Support Workers.
The successful Mental Health Service Team Leader will join a friendly team of Community Support Workers. You will be responsible for supporting the team to ensure the service runs smoothly. This will include processing new referrals, managing team meetings, organizing staff rotas to cover groups and building,promoting the service within the community and dealing with matters as they arise. You will also be responsible for managing the budget for this service.
We are looking for a Mental Health Service Team Leader who:
- Experience/interest in working with people who have mental health issues
- A warm, friendly engaging personality
- Interested in working in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Hard worker
- Has experience or interest in working with vulnerable people
- Can multi-task and prioritise their own workload
- Has experience in leading a team
- Has experience working in partnership with other organisations
- Can drive as you will be required to travel across Hertfordshire and attend occasional meetings out of county
- An enhanced DBS check is required for this role. The cost will be met by the employer.
In return the successful Mental Health Service Team Leader will receive a competitive salary plus:
- Pension scheme: Guideposts will contribute 6% of your salary when you contribute 3%.
- Childcare Vouchers: which can be used to pay your OFSTED registered childcare
- Voluntary Benefits: Discounts and cash-back for goods and services from high streetretailers.
- Health Cash Plan
- EAP from Health Assured
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Annual leave: 23 days rising to a maximum of 28 days plus bank holidays
On applying for the Mental Health Service Team Leader position, you will receive an application form via email and instructions on how to submit this.
Closing Date: Monday 1st February
Interviews: w/c 4th February