Autism SEN Teaching Assistant
Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester, England
£65 - 78 per day
We handle many other posts covering other aspects of SEND, however this post will be working with a group of children on the autistic spectrum to assist them to manage their daily routines, access their education, facilitate and support their learning and progression, develop relationships with peers, as well as providing a skilled and excellent level of pastoral & emotional support - therefore it is a is vital that you have an excellent understanding, experience of, or prior training working with children, adults or young people with autism.
Knowledge and experience of the application of appropriate non verbal strategies and methods for learning such as PECS, Makaton, Visual timetables, 'Now and Next', objects of reference (or similar) will be required. Whilst we provide training courses free of charge to all candidates, we do require pre existing knowledge in this instance, due to timescales involved.
Working on an initial temporary supply basis has excellent benefits for those looking for a change of environment or role. You will be properly supported by experienced SEND consultants and will be joining a 'Good' school. You will have the opportunity to experience the school first hand and decided whether it may be the place for you on a long term basis. This role is to work with students between 8 and 14 years' old. Qualifications or training in early childhood education, Education, Childhood studies or SEN are highly desirable.
Successful applicants will be subject to stringent safeguarding checks, full referencing, interview, and hold an Enhanced DBS Check (certificate must be registered on the Update Service), or be happy for us to undertake this.
To be considered for the position of SEND Teaching Assistant you must:
* Have experience supporting children in primary or secondary education
* Hold at least Level 1 qualification in childcare
* Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of SEN School Staff
* Have a passion for teaching and supporting with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
Vision for Education SEND are a specialist recruitment department that focus solely on recruiting teaching professionals for Alternative Provisions and Special Schools in the Greater Manchester Area. We take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of Vision for Education you will benefit from:
* Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
* £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
* Support throughout your placements
* Access to a dedicated Secondary consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
* Unparalleled daily rates
* Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
* Regular social events with in your local area with complimentary food and drink
* Access to £350+ worth of free CPD such as Team Teach, Mental Health Awareness, Autism Awareness, SEND code of practice
Posted 110 days ago