Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Owlstone Medical's mission is to save 100,000 lives and save health care providers $1.5B. With several major projects underway to develop disease screening and diagnosis based on detection of metabolic products in breath.
We are looking for someone with excellent technical skills and TD GC\LC-MS laboratory experience. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, team player with a positive and flexible attitude to work. This is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative team with a strong vision for the future.
Responsibilities of the Applications Chemist:
To plan and undertake experiments intrinsic to Owlstone medical assay / application / product development projects with a focused-on TD-GC-MS method development.
- Ensure experimental plans adhere to and include QC processes to ensure the collection of valid analytical measurements.
- Maintain accurate up to date Laboratory records.
- Other duties as assigned per qualifications.
Requirements of the Applications Chemist:
- BSc\PhD in analytical chemistry of other related discipline required
- Minimum 3 years GC\LC-MS experience
- Experience with thermal desorption techniques highly desirable
- Experience with advance chromatography data processing techniques, such as retention time alignment and deconvolution highly desirable.
- Experience with regulated GC\LC MS assay development, including transfer, verification, and validation (QC) activities necessary for research preferred
- Experience in ISO, CLIA, GLP and other Regulatory compliance requirements preferred
- Excellent technical scientific writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Must be hands-on, self-directed, organized and conscientious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Will value interpersonal and communication skills very highly; must be a team playerComplex problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines to accomplish objectives
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
Benefits of becoming the Applications Chemist:
- Share Options
- 25 days of holiday increased to 28 days with the length of service
- Pension up to 5% contribution
- Free lunch every Friday
- Free fruit every Monday
- Support for sports and social activities
- Life Assurance cover for death in service of 4 x annual base salary (pre pension salary sacrifice);
- Income Protection cover of 75% x annual base salary (pre pension salary sacrifice) in the event of continued absence from work through illness or accident after the first 13 weeks of that absence
- Cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers.
Feel you meet the above criteria of this Applications Chemist (Medical) role? Apply now!
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.