Job provided by Priory Education and Children's Services
Share this job on social:
About the job
Inspire Others, Build your Career
Our Children's Home situated in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire are seeking a Permanent Full-Time Residential Support Worker. This is a two bedroom home for young people with complex needs. As a Support Worker at our children's home in the Llanelli area you will be a key member of our team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to our young people. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with both service users and their families, supporting them in the planning of goals and in living as independently as possible. Both personal care and participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital.
Our Support Worker roles in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire offer a salary of up to £17,126.42 per annum plus £35 nightly sleep in allowance. There is an opportunity for overtime if desired.
As a Support Worker, you'll be doing the following:
- Be the young person's champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Manage the well-being and behaviour of young people ensuring behaviour's are addressed promptly and sensitively
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour
- You will be assigned a key child and play a pivotal role in their day to day life including attending reviews and liaising with external agencies
- Support and encourage educational engagement
Level 3 Residential Childcare qualification is desirable but not essential for this role (we can support with the training of this.) Successful applicants will ideally have previous experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour.
Due to the rural location of the home near Llanelli-Carmarthenshire, you would need to be a driver and have your own car.
A family is 24/7 and so are we. We use a rota system to ensure the young people in our home get the care they need. As a Support Worker, in our Home you can you should be happy to work a shift rota system that includes working some weekends and bank holidays.
Benefits when you join us:
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Priory Group Pension
- Travel Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Reduced price Gym membership
- Gourmet Society Card
- Healthcare cash plan
- Online benefits portal and high street store cashback rewards
- Priory Group Career Pathways - build your skills and plan for your future career with on-going training supported
To apply, just click the link below. Our application form captures information to help keep children safe so thank you for taking the time to complete it.
If you have questions and want to find out more please contact Claire or Jayne on ##### ###### between the hours 9-5pm (Mon-Fri)
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, or you are applying to work within our Children's Homes we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.
Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Let us know how we are doing, review us on Indeed or Glassdoor by following these links