Job provided by Search Consultancy
Share this job on social:
About the job
Operations & Maintenance Manager
Our chosen business partner have been established since 2011 and have built out a successful renewables business in the UK and France which resulted in a combined portfolio of over 1.5GW and construction of around 240MW of wind projects.
Following the successful exit of its French business the strategic decision to broaden its technology base beyond onshore wind, the company rebranded and is now equipped with substantial equity capital ready for deployment into energy projects and development businesses across Europe which the company will do out of its offices in Manchester, London and Glasgow.
Our Gas Generation business was setup in mid2017 two exploit the growing market demand for reliable flexible generation capacity. An experienced and proven management team is now in place and is seeking to establish a portfolio of 500600MW of reserve gas generation projects using reciprocating engine technology over the next 2436 months. The teams first 60MW recently went into construction, a further 110MW is in late stage development, and a further development pipeline of over 200MW is identified.
On behalf of our client we are now seeking to recruit an Operations and Maintenance Manager, reporting to the Director of Gas Generation and supporting him in running a growing portfolio of gas fuelled power stations.
- To ensure that the plant and equipment is operated and maintained to the appropriate standard.
- To ensure that PPM programme is implemented across the operation to minimise operational and compliance risk, and drive business efficiencies.
- Establish inventory policies and systems to ensure adequate and appropriate stocks and replacement parts for short and long term objectives.
- To develop Key Performance Indicators such that business unit performance can be measured and monitored.
- To ensure that proper and safe working routines and practices are in use and adhered to across the operations.
- To manage warranty claims under EPC construction contracts and or maintenance and equipment supply contracts.
- To maintain adequate records that may be required during audits from external organisations.
- To help develop and implement the Companys Health & Safety Policy in the operations area, including the development of Safe Working Practices for all aspects of operation to relevant HSE standards.
- Develop and implement financial budget for the area of responsibility in conjunction with the finance team to meet company objectives.
- Responsible for budget forecasting and expenditure controls to meet financial objectives.
- Monitor and report variations against budget and implement necessary actions to rectify performance against agreed targets.
- To organising and allocating resources to achieve departmental and company objectives. In particular to support and where necessary coordinate the daily activities of individual operations engineers to suit the needs of business and the department.
- To communicate company and business unit objectives to staff, employees and other stakeholders. Fostering positive team working and cooperation with the workforce to meet the needs of the business.
- To assist in defining our longterm operational targets, succession planning, existing resources and future requirements to ensure the future demands of the business are satisfied.
The role includes commercial and budgetary responsibility as well as direct responsibility for the operations and maintenance of the plant so experience within in this field is key.
A time served engineer with good commercial awareness will fulfil this senior position.
Direct experience in developing and defining maintenance philosophy, establishing operating policy, setting standards and procedures, recruiting and managing maintenance staff and subcontractors to meet company objectives is a prerequisite of the role.
The individual must be a team player and able to integrate with an existing team of engineers and operational staff. The role will include:
Seasoned in drawing up and implementing Operational and Maintenance Strategy, as the fleet grows, managing the balance of third party service provision using OEMs and independent providers, versus establishing in house capability.
5+ years experience in maximising operational effectiveness and driving out cost savings to improve profitability.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.