Service Manager (Contract)
£22,440 (pro rata)
Birmingham, West Midlands
£22,440 (pro rata)
Our client is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. They are now looking for a Service Manager to join their team for a contract until the 31st January 2021.
This is your chance to become an integral member of a passionate team and oversee vital services that support people in their return from hospital.
You’ll join a passionate, engaged team who are ready to deliver outstanding support and put smiles on faces.
As a Service Manager, you will be tasked with delivering the Supporting Your Recovery service which supports residents leaving hospital. The service aims to reduce recovery time and readmissions and impact the potential feelings of loneliness and isolation that many people feel after a hospital stay.
Supporting older residents from the Sandwell area, those recently discharged and those who have experienced a health crisis, you will offer practical support to help them to live independently in their own homes.
Your role will include:
- Managing the service as well as two operational staff and a team of volunteers
- Regularly evaluating and reporting on activities
- Managing the recruitment, development, and motivation of staff members and volunteers
- Supporting the achievement of fundraising targets
- Monitoring service budgets
- Developing relationships with key local contacts such as local authorities and health trusts
Interested? If so, you will need:
- Experience of managing and motivating teams of staff and volunteers
- Knowledge of the NHS, Commissioning groups and local authority Commissioning including Health and Social Care bodies
- To be commercially aware with relevant experience of managing a similar service type
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- The ability to build positive and effective relationships and partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders
Organised and customer focused, as the Service Manager, you will be a strong communicator with a team player mentality and the ability to plan effectively.
Experience at management level would be beneficial to your application. GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths and English at grade A*-C or higher qualifications would also be advantageous, as would the ability to proficiently use standard IT systems. The ability to travel around the local area would also be desirable.
This is a full time role, working 35 hours per week, Monday Friday.
The closing date for applications is the 14th January 2019. Interviews will be held on the 23rd January 2019 in Birmingham.
To apply for the role of Service Manager (Contract), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Service Manager, Contract, Community Service Manager, Community Support Manager, Volunteer Supervisor, Volunteer Team Leader, Charity Project Manager, Healthcare Service Manager.
Posted 122 days ago