Pulborough, West Sussex
£20000 - £30000 per annum
Electronics Engineer required for market leading sports lighting manufacturer.
They are market leaders in the design and manufacture of innovative, performance products in both components and advanced lighting. Their products are used by sportsmen from World and Olympic level to general enthusiast and working professional. Founded in 1989 and headquartered in Bury, West Sussex, UK.
- In this position, you will be a key member of the development team,
- Also working closely with some external consultants.
- Youll be responsible for the development of the software for a variety of products and markets.
- To create innovative products that inspire all users & lead innovation.
- Microchip PIC programming being the key skill required.
- Good team skills will be required to deliver innovate, efficient results in a fastpaced environment and marketplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take responsibility for new and existing software development from concept to production including all testing and evaluation.
- Work closely with their design and development team to create innovative solutions that raise the user experience to new levels.
- To research and propose new innovations to the development team.
- Analysis as needed of new and existing design especially the performance and function of the products.
- Manage timelines for your projects to meet deadlines.
- Create test plans, taking responsibility for making sure all software elements within a product are completely tested.
- Manage retesting during the whole product lifecycle on any changes (e.g. firmware updates)
- Perform other duties as required.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ideal candidate has a Bachelors or Masters degree in Electronic or Software Engineering.
- Not necessarily a prerequisite but the following experience will be positive.
- Writing and/or analysing firmware in C and C++
- Wireless communication protocols (BT, BLE, ANT+)
- Automotive communication protocols (CAN BUS)
- All aspects around firmware (bootloader, programming, tools, etc. )
- System testing
- Data Acquisition
- Ability to work in a fastpaced environment & complete tasks within established timelines.
Posted 158 days ago