Accounts Assistant - Maternity Cover
Do you have advanced excel skills i.e. V Lookups and Pivot Tables?
Do you have previous credit control experience?
Are you experienced in reconciliations, VAT Returns and various transactional accounts?
If you can answer yes to all of the above and interested in working for a great company covering a maternity leave then this is the role for you!!!
Ascendant Recruitment are delighted to be working with a company in Milton Keynes who are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant with strong credit control experience and ADVANCED Excel skills.
This is a fixed term contract for a minimum of 6 months potentially up to 12 months covering maternity leave.
- Credit control - A large part of the role
- Debtors' analysis
- Monthly EC Sales, Duty Deferment and Intrastat reporting
- Quarterly VAT calculation and submission
- Reconciliation of G/L control accounts
- Call-off order invoicing
- Supplier rebate claims
- Intercompany balance reconciliations
- Trade references and quality questionnaires
- Environmental compliance reporting
- Query investigation and resolution - Customers and Suppliers
- In addition, you would offer holiday and sickness cover for all banking and book-keeping duties as well as for regular month end reporting, which includes preparation of accruals and prepayments, analysis of variances and preparation of management reports.
Essential skills / attributes:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to adapt to the changing needs of our dynamic business
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Good general IT literacy
- Proven reconciliation skills
- Proven credit control experience
- Proven experience in a similarly varied role
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous SAP experience
- Knowledge of statutory HMRC reporting
- Previous experience of working in a small/medium company is preferred.
Please apply today!
Due to the high number of quality roles we are working upon, we may not be able to call you within 24 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a Consultant as quickly as possible, and if you are shortlisted by our client we will call you within 48 hours. If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent, typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!
Posted 111 days ago