Chirk, Wrexham, Wales
Job Type: Full-time
Due to major site investment Kronospan has an exciting opportunity for an Automation Engineer to join the Engineering team based in Chirk, North Wales. This is a full time, permanent position offering a very competitive salary.
At Kronospan we pride ourselves on delivering "Wood Perfected" and have invested in innovation since 1897 and no more so than now. As a result we are seeking an additional Automation Engineer who can add real value to the Engineering team.
Responsibilities of the Automation Engineer:
* Act as the Company's "Expert" for Automation Software Programming of Distributed Control Systems (DCS), principally for the main press lines manufacturing wood panel products.
* Developing and maintaining manufacturing software systems, ensuring integrity of the overall system.
* Development of solutions to optimise production and identify improvement opportunities that can be applied across Kronospan and realise them using DCS / automation and other control systems.
* Protect self, others & Company assets by adopting high standards of electrical safety (IEC Standard).
* Ensuring risk assessment tools and methodology are incorporated into day-to-day tasks.
* Adhere and promote compliance with company Environment, Health & Safety policies, practices and procedures.
* Maintain and promote a safe working environment.
* Provide creative software solutions to the specific needs of the manufacturing organisation.
* Identifying areas where DCS / automation and control developments could produce cost effective solutions to business problems, developing software to suit, trialling and implementing.
* Tailoring software, implementing and commissioning of new proprietary software systems in accordance with regulatory, company and technical requirements.
* Participate in the planned maintenance and review of software systems
* Fault finding and correcting errors during maintenance of software systems.
* Uses highly developed diagnostic and logical fault-finding techniques/skills.
* Liaise with internal and external (DCS / automation and control industry) experts and users so as to identify Kronospan improvements and developments
* Provide training to other qualified personnel in DCS / automation and control
* Provide dedicated project support in the implementation of improved Control and Automation systems on new projects & plant upgrades.
Requirements of becoming the Automation Engineer:
* High level HMI / SCADA / DCS programming knowledge & skills.
* Expert knowledge in at least 3 of the following packages: SIMATIC WinCC, Wonderware InTouch, Rockwell FactoryTalk, Emerson DeltaV, Metso DCS
* Proven experience (5 years+) of developing control systems for automatic machinery in a high volume continuous or semi continuous process operation.
* Sound knowledge and application of IEC standards
* Fault diagnosis skills
Benefits of becoming the Automation Engineer:
* Attractive salary
* Exciting and challenging work
* Continued training, support and career development
* The opportunity to work with and learn from, industry leading people who are committed to excellence
Feel you meet the above criteria of this Automation Engineer role? Apply now!
Posted 105 days ago