(239ls) Heavy Plant Engineer
£28000 to £35000 per annum
Heavy Plant Engineer (239ls) Braintree, Essex - £28-35k
My Client is a leading supplier of plant and construction equipment based world-wide. They deliver equipment, installation, support and consultancy services to the civils, transport and groundworks sectors. This dynamic business now requires an additional Heavy Plant Engineer to join their team.
Purpose/Brief Summary of Role To provide onsite customer support to a range of machinery within the region, with a primary focus on keeping the machinery in peak operating condition through scheduled maintenance, repairs and inspections.
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve customer reports of technical problems with equipment
- Service a wide variety of machines both on and off site
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Complete job cards to a high standard promptly and within a given timeframe
- Complete paperwork and timesheets in a timely manner
- Request parts efficiently and effectively
- Good customer service skills
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Supervise Apprentices, when required, to ensure that a high quality of work and safe working procedures are maintained
- Ensure compliance with relevant procedures when repairing and inspecting equipment
- Ensure work/personal equipment complies with all safety standards
- Present a professional image at all times
- Take responsibility for health and safety of self, colleagues and customers in line with the Company Health and Safety Policy
- All Engineers must ensure that their own tools are safe and legal to use.
- No lifting equipment (including straps, trolley jacks etc) must be supplied by the Engineer, these items are provided by the Company.
- Solid mechanical aptitude
- Ability to service a wide range of heavy tracked plant machines
- Investigate & diagnose technical problems, which involve climbing on top & underneath heavy plant machinery.
- Heavy Lifting
- Lone working
- Excellent verbal, written and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Interpersonal relationships/ Customer awareness/ Commercial awareness
- Ability to work without supervision
If you are interested in this role or have any questions please get in touch with Lee Spiers at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 ext 2 or email Lee@ex-mil.co.uk or visit the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
https://www.ex-mil.co.uk/vacancies/5896/heavy-plant-engineer DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
Posted 133 days ago