£25000 - £40000 per annum
This company is currently looking for several enthusiastic Developers to join their growing Operations team. The position will be based at their office in South Gyle to the West of Edinburgh and will entail working on their web application and iOS/Android handheld solutions.
This is a real opportunity for you to grow as a developer, with a chance to work closely with their senior team and customers to bring technical strategies to a company that works with blue chip clients.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- PHP development skills with an excellent understanding of objectoriented code
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Symfony, Zend, Laravel, etc)
- Experience of consuming external data services (e.g. RESTful services), including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats including XML and JSON
- Worked with source control systems such as Subversion or Git
- MySQL exposure
- Experience of writing languages other than PHP (Java, C++, Perl, etc)
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS & other frontend skills
- Good working knowledge of the Linux CLI
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fastpaced environment.
- Client facing experience.
- Excellent communication skills
The successful candidates will be given the opportunity to grow and define their own path within the company.
You will be a valued member of the team and will get to hone your leadership skills by mentoring other staff. You will have the privilege of working in a relaxed but also serious atmosphere. No one will be barking orders, they want people who will think about solutions, solve problems, and you will be reporting directly to the CTO.
- High priority on staff development, with monthly onetoone sessions
- Fully stocked complimentary drinks fridge and ice cream freezer
- 30 paid holidays a year
- Staff treated like valued members of a team, not cogs in a machine
- High spec workstations with multiple monitors
- Office with strong transport links and dedicated free parking
- Equality at all levels of employment
- Company socials and events
Degree(s) advantageous, but not necessary.
If you are looking for an exciting and market leading company to work for, with the chance to showcase your skills and be the go to person in a talented team, then please get in touch.
Posted 158 days ago