Job provided by Workvine
Share this job on social:
About the job
We are looking to recruit a CAD Designer to join our large team based at our Vehicle Enhancement Division in Ashby De La Zouch, Leicestershire. The successful candidate should be self-motivated, hardworking and flexible. In return we can offer a competitive salary, company profit-related bonus scheme, company pension (service related), company uniform and 34 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
We have been established for over 80 years specialising in the design, manufacture and supply of Workshop and In-Vehicle Equipment, with production facilities here in the U.K, Germany and Hungary, and partner companies throughout the world.
Our CAD Designers are responsible for producing practical solutions using 3D design software, in line with customer requirements.
The CAD Designer's main duties will involve:
- Working on projects from design to completion
- Design of new specialist components using Autodesk Inventor (3D)
- Attending client meetings as required
- Taking accurate records of installations and providing technical support to our sales and workshop teams
- Accurately entering information in to our company MRP system
The qualities of the CAD Designer:
- Must have a relevant engineering/design qualification, and/or have previous proven engineering design experience
- Have previous experience using Autodesk Inventor 3D or other 3D design modelling package
- Experience of designing concepts from sheet metal (not essential)
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- A flexible approach as this will involve work within our Design and Workshop departments.
The hours of work are 09:00 – 17:00 Mon – Thurs, 09:00 – 16:30 Fri. (37 hrs per week)
To be considered for this position all applicants must live within a commutable distance of our Ashby de la Zouch site in Leicestershire.
The closing date for applications is 15th February 2019.