Share this job on social:
About the job
Regional HR Advisor - Covering the South West of the UK. We need a robust and business partnering HR advisor. Based from home and visiting 30 plus retail stores, your focus will be on employee engagement and supporting the store managers.
SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000
BENEFITS: Company Car + Contributory Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Private Healthcare
HOME BASED: M40, M4, M5
YOU COULD CURRENTLY LIVE: Anywhere on the patch but be prepared to cover the areas mentioned below.
Ideal locations could be: Bristol, Cheltenham, Swindon, Gloucester, Oxford,
WE SHOULD APPEAL TO YOU IF:
- You want a management style which is engaging and supportive.
- You feel HR provides added value to the business and how we look after our staff.
- You want to offer ideas to improve current practices and procedures.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Regional HR Advisor - Retail - South West
As a capable, experienced and professional HR Advisor you should already know the list of tasks this role will involve. Actually managing your time and ensuring each branch receives the support, advice and guidance it needs will be one of the biggest challenges. Working closely with the HR Manager we want to ensure branches are reflecting company values and you are able to coach, support and mentor managers in all HR policies and practices.
The branches are based from Kidderminster down the M5 to Exeter (also Torquay, Truro and Plymouth), East along the M4 to Reading (slightly west to include Newport, Swansea and Cardiff) up the M40 back to Kidderminster (including Oxford, Aylesbury and Banbury).
AREAS FOR YOUR ATTENTION:
- Ensure the stores attract recruits and then manages their people appropriately.
- Assist all members of staff in your region with HR related issues, payroll, employment legislation, policies, disciplinary etc.
- Support stores in ensuring employee absenteeism are monitored and ideally addressed/challenged.
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Regional HR Advisor - Retail - South West
We are looking to hear from candidates who truly see the value in HR business partnering, being a part of the business and 'people focused' is critical to our culture.
Your background will have included:
- Creating and developing partnerships with business heads/store managers.
- Running a multi-site / regional role (ideally a retail environment but others considered).
- Playing an active role in implementing, feeding back and evolving the HR strategy.
- CIPD to level 3 or above.
We are a part of a business with other well-known UK retailers under its umbrella. We are one of the UKs and Europe's largest FMCG consumer retailers, we have a presence in over 90 UK locations and employee 1700 talented individuals. If you haven't been in one of our stores you will have most certainly used our products.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Matthew Hogg quoting Regional HR Advisor - Retail - South West and reference MGH15122 , DD: +44 ##### ######Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 ##### ######. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.