Job provided by 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Hours: Full time, 8.30 a.m to 4.30 p.m with occasional evening and some weekend work
Salary: £10 £11 per hour dependent on experience & suitability/qualifications
Do you have a background as a Housekeeping Manager?
We are looking for an exceptional Housekeeping Manager to join our fantastic team at Hopton Cottage Care Home, a 60bedroom high class care home.
The role as Housekeeping Manager will require you to manage areas within your remit including: rota scheduling, purchase and cost control, quality assurance and maintaining and developing any systems and procedures required to ensure your department runs smoothly.
You will be responsible for training, motivating and developing your team (currently 10 people) This role is offered on a full time basis working 5 days over 7 to include occasional weekend hours and you will need to be hands on.
As the manager you will work closely with the domestic cleaning team as well as the maintenance team and care managers. You will be responsible for the following:
- Inductions for team members
- Probation and training
- Providing management support and guidance
- Managing weekly rotas and ensuring cover for any sickness or holidays
Other duties of the job will include ensuring the property is kept clean at all times by:
- Carrying out quality control
- Carrying out cleaning duties where needed to ensure you are sharing your best practices
- Completing risk assessments
- Ensuring stock levels are always kept up to date
- Ensuring the environment is homely and inviting for both residents and staff
- Supporting the head of laundry and ensure that processes support appropriate care of all clothing and bedding
- Ensuring the completion of all mandatory training and any other training required for the job role.
- Ensuring all laundry and domestic staff have up to date COSHH information for all chemical products
- Providing management support for all laundry and domestic staff, with performance issues addressed if appropriate
- Regularly auditing all domestic soft furnishings and bedding items to ensure they remain fit for purpose
- Ordering of all household and cleaning items, including all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and maintaining an up to date audit of all cleaning stock materials.
- Completing regular inventories within the home (such as crockery and cutlery) with clear documentation
- Adhering strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of all company related practices
- Dealing with reasonable complaints and requests with professionalism and patience
- You will be comfortable in completing documents and placing orders using basic IT systems such as Microsoft Word
If you feel strongly about providing the best care, dignity and respect for older people then we want to hear from you now. Immediate start after references, DBS etc.
In order to continue your application, please click Apply now.