Job provided by Equest
Share this job on social:
About the job
Job location: Liverpool (Speke)
Cargillâ€™s global Cocoa and Chocolate business connects our deep cocoa knowledge with our broad food ingredient expertise, managing our supply chain from sourcing the beans at origin up to delivering our cocoa and chocolate products to our customers in the confectionery, biscuit, bakery and dairy industries.
To strengthen our business we are searching for a highly motivated account manager to build relationships and insight with our customers in the UK and Ireland in order to drive financial impact and maximize opportunities for the customer.Â
The successful candidate will have full commercial accountability for reaching margin & volume targets and establishing growth through innovation.Â This will involve deploying marketing tools such as customer account plans & segmentation, delivering value propositions, and gaining industry knowledge and translating this back into the wider commercial organization.
- Identify, initiate, develop and maintain long lasting customer working relationship with Direct Account customersÂ
- Execute a focused Business development and Strategy growth plan for the UK & Ireland region to develop new prospects and volume margin opportunities
- Developing relationships and growth with key UK retailers
- Develop creative solutions to customer challenges that can deliver value to both Cargill and the customer
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to align solution creation and delivery
- Maximizing the ability to deliver new and existing value propositions and solutions
- Supporting the translation of business plans and sales strategy into account specific growth plans
- Possessing solid expertise on negotiation techniques that focus on strengthening the customer relationship and â€œwin-winâ€ outcomes
- Executing customer pricing programs against established market pricing policy and procedures.
- Directly overseeing contract management negotiations
- Researching and identifying customer requirements and expectations
- Delivering on sales performance and financial targets (sales volume, prices, revenue, profitability)
- University or degree (or equivalent) or qualified by work experience
- Proven experience in sales in a complex matrix-organization, preferably from the Food industry or similar (e.g. ingredients, flavorings)
- Experience of customer initiated cross functional project management
- Consultative value based selling skills
- Demonstrated innovating and conceptualising competencies
- Strong relating and influencing Skills
- Excellent collaboration/interpersonal skills
- Business acumen
- Good structured communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English, an additional European language would be an advantage
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.