Share this job on social:
About the job
Automotive, Motor Trade Job: Estimator / Bodyshop Controller Required in Milton Keynes.
Salary: Up to £25,000 Basic, OTE £35,000 Per Annum
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Motor Trade Jobs / Automotive Vacancies: Estimator / Bodyshop Controller required for Manufacturer Approved Bodyshop Milton Keynes
An Estimator / Bodyshop Controller position is available with our clients, a Manufacturer Approved Bodyshop in Milton Keynes.
Working Hours: 8.30.a.m. 5.30.p.m. Mon Thurs 8.30.a.m. 5p.m. Fri
- Support the Body shop Manager and act as deputy in his absence.
- Control of the day to day body shop operations.
- Provide customer estimates on schedule with accurate charges and costs.
- Maintain the company manufacturer and insurance approvals to a high standard
- Ensure jobs are fairly and correctly allocated to body shop/workshop technicians, according to existing skill levels.
- Meet with staff to update individuals on performance and Technical/Quality updates.
- Work closely with Body shop Manager and Office Manager to ensure work progresses efficiently through the workshop.
- Authorise consumable and internal parts requisitions.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are observed and maintained at all times.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of tools and equipment and ensure the Body shop Manager is informed immediately of any deterioration.
- Assist and support front house team in all aspects of operations when required.
- Circulate new and updated technical information to the workshop staff and other relevant departments.
- Maintain effective liaison with Managers and customers with daily progress updates.
- Record and analyse customer surveys, complaints and Manufacturer check programmes.
- Submit and analyse monthly figures to Manufacturers
Key Skills Required
- Proven track record as a Workshop Controller/Estimator within a Bodyshop environment essential.
- Leadership qualities and supervisory skills.
- The ability to assess and report on staff performance.
- The ability to discuss and negotiate agreeable solutions to customer problems.
- The ability to maintain personal technical knowledge and skills.
- Technical qualifications and an up to date knowledge of consumer and vehicle legislation.
- Strong understanding of customer expectations, customer handling skills and empathy.
- Knowledge of warranty, customer care and goodwill procedures.
- Ability to effectively organise workloads whilst maintaining workshop efficiencies.
- Knowledge of Audatex Estimating system
Motor trade experience is essential as an Estimator.
If this Bodyshop Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Estimator Jobs and Automotive Jobs in Milton Keynes please contact Kristian today!
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Jobs within the Automotive Field, we can help you with your Career search for Motor Trade Jobs as we have over 1,400 live Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Technician Jobs to Bodyshop Manager Jobs.
To apply please send your CV to Kristian Gowing, Quoting Job Ref: J79609 Bodyshop Estimator, Milton Keynes.
Continue your job search on Facebook: ######.###/MotorTradeJobs
Perfect Placement UK Ltd is an employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973 (and amendments).
Copyright Perfect Placement UK Limited 2018.
The reproduction, transmission or other use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Perfect Placement UK Limiteds prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Please contact our office on ##### ###### if you wish to discuss this copyright.