Associate Medical Writer
London Wall, Greater London, England
£20k - 25k per year + Benefits
Due to continued growth within our client's Medical writing team as well as recent acquisitions, there is an exciting opportunity for an associate medical writer for their offices in London Wall in both their promotional (The Agency) and CME division (PCM Scientific).
Applications will be accepted from those who are looking to take the first steps into a career as a medical writer.
* To provide the scientific and medical support to ensure successful project delivery
* To conduct independent research into therapy areas, products, congresses, experts and competitive landscapes
* To work, under supervision, with the business development team to contribute to new business proposals
* To develop and maintain professional relationships with financial supporters, clients and external opinion leaders, as required
* To develop expertise and knowledge across a range of therapeutic areas
* To write high quality scientific content aimed at the appropriate level for target audiences
* To develop a range of writing styles (e.g. scientific manuscripts, abstracts, PowerPoint slides, meeting reports, newsletters, educational materials, websites, marketing materials, patient education materials)
* To attend and report on conferences and external meetings, as required
* To ensure high standards and scientific accuracy are maintained for all written materials
* To comply with, and endorse, company procedures
* To incorporate adult education best practices within learning materials
* To develop and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels within the company and proactively encourage and implement improved efficiencies
Key Skills, Knowledge & Preferred experience:
* Educated to at least degree level in medicine, pharmacy, or life sciences, clinical backgrounds welcome
* No experience required, however related industry experience a plus
* Ability to produce accurate scientific copy in a range of writing styles
* Excellent understanding of the science and data behind client messaging and strategy
* Ability to work efficiently and effectively to tight deadlines
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Excellent written communication skills
* Pro-active and self-motivated
* Good interpersonal skills
* Good research skills
About our client
Our client is a leading award-winning Medical Communications and Media company focused on healthcare. They have been at the centre of education of the HCP community for over 25 years.
PCM Scientific is a CME provider with an impressive track record in large-scale European CME initiatives that yield measurable results. Their talented CME and medical education specialists create enduring programmes that demonstrate sustained clinical practice improvements.
How to Apply
If this role is of interest and you would like to learn more please attach your CV to the link provided and the Hiring Company will be in direct contact.
Posted 31 days ago