Job provided by Red Recruit Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Export Ocean FCL Team Leader - VR/19606
The Company & Role:
Our client, a leader in supply chain management and logistics solutions, are seeking an FCL Ocean Team Leader to join their team based in Essex.
Main Purpose of the Export Ocean FCL Team Leader:
Manage, develop and lead a customer focused Operational Support Team in providing effective and efficient handling of all customers operational/service requirements ensuring the team achieves/maximises Branch Gross Profit Targets. Be a self-driven, resourceful individual, who is able to work on their own initiative, is able to work with minimal supervision and has a can do attitude.
- Ensuring that team members take ownership of the management of their client files
- To ensure the team provides the effective and efficient management of export/import shipments for all our customers to/from global destinations, ensuring they are tracked, monitored and invoiced correctly to the customer
- Regularly reviews with their team, performance achievements against Gross Profit targets and KPIs
- Motivating and inspiring their teams to build a solid team spirit that drives operational and customer excellence
- Recruiting, selecting and inducting new team members
- Works with the Branch Manager/Operations Manager to promote and drive a program of cross training/development for all employees across the Branch
- 3-4 years relevant freight forwarding experience - strong operational and industry knowledge
- Proven people management skills
- Computer literate with intermediate level of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong communication (oral and written), influencing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
Circa 35k depending on previous experience.
If youre interested in the Export Ocean FCL Team Leader position, click apply to send an up-to-date CV, or email the Shipping Team on #####@######.###