Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Principal Manufacturing Technician
Location: Abingdon, OX13 5QX
Hours of Work: Mon - Thurs, 8am - 4.30pm &
Fri - 8am to 1pm day Friday
About the Company:
At Oxford Instruments NanoScience we design, supply and support market-leading research tools that enable quantum technologies, nano technology research, advanced materials and nano device development in the physical sciences.
Our tools support research to the atomic scale through creation of high performance, cryogen free, low temperature, and magnetic environments. This is based upon our core technologies in low and ultra-low temperatures, high magnetic fields and system integration, with increasing levels of experimental and measurement readiness.
We are now looking for a Principal Manufacturing Technician to join our team! You will be working on bespoke custom built high value cryogenic magnet systems to manufacture products and components that meet agreed quality, time-scale and cost objectives.
Principal Manufacturing Technician Responsibilities:
- Supporting 100% schedule adherence by planning, prioritising and co-ordinating all available resources to achieve work programmes in line with the cell plan
- Maintain a flexible attitude and approach to changing requirements and priorities
- From team production plan, manage personnel workload ensuring all milestones are achieved
- Recognise team customers, both internal and external and strive to fully satisfy their needs.
- Establish and maintain close and effective working relationships with other members of the team.
- Using agreed measures, monitor and report on existing processes, indicating the need for corrective action as required
- Work in a manner that ensures safety of self and others
- Be aware of and ensure personal and team compliance with Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Ensure all personal protective equipment is used in compliance with Health & Safety guidelines.
- Carry out any additional tasks which may be reasonably requested by the company
Principal Manufacturing Technician Requirements:
- Educated to Modern Apprenticeship or HNC standard in a relevant engineering discipline
- Held a similar level role in a similar environment
- Extensive proven practical knowledge of machining, welding, Helium leak detection, mechanical assembly, electrical and electronic assembly, wiring looms and bench assemblies.
- Extensive proven practical knowledge of hard and Soft soldering
- Ability to create work instructions and establish procedures
- Ability to identify issues and feed them back.
Principal Manufacturing Technician Benefits:
- Half day Friday
- 25 days per annum + Bank Holidays
- Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Career Progression and Training Opportunities
- Share Incentive Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
If you meet the Principal Manufacturing Technician requirements and feel the role would be a good fit, then please apply today!