Job provided by City Centre Recruitment
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
HR Advisor Jobs in Somerset
Salary to £37k per annum
Private Health Care
City Centre Recruitment is acting on behalf of it's client based just outside Yeovil and we are looking for a HR Advisor to compliment it's friendly, established team
Summary and Purpose of Role:
Responsible for the day to day running of the HR department. Providing effective support to the HR & CSR Manager in terms of driving and improving HR practices and procedures. To continually strive to achieve excellence and best practice in delivering the goals and expectations of Tine SA. Ensuring the department represents the organisation well to all stakeholders whether internal or external.
Major Activities and Responsibilities
(Job role primarily includes, but is not limited to):
- Meeting with departmental managers on a continued basis providing HR advice and coaching on people related matters.
- Providing Managers with procedural advice on employment law related matters.
- Contributing to the development of the HR Business Plan each year, then taking ownership of agreed tasks and delivering them.
- Ensuring all payroll reports and HMRC routines are completed on time and within targeted accuracy levels.
- Ensure all personnel files are maintained and updated in accordance with Home Office, Immigration (right to work due diligence), Data Protection Act and GDPR, as well as retailer ethical audits.
- Ensure all the company benefits are properly maintained and administered in a timely manner. (Pension Scheme, LTS Scheme , Simply Health PHI and Cash Plan Scheme. Life Assurance Scheme, P11D/P46(Car)/NIC Class A
- Absence Management - Working in conjunction with the department managers and SMT as required, ensuring the business maintains its HR KPI levels. This includes having a structure plan in place with review dates for anyone on LTS (Over two weeks absence)
- H & S: Ensure all accidents are appropriately investigated and all RIDDOR's are reported within required timescales.
- H & S: Ensure the delivery of the existing H & S Plans.
- H & S Awareness - Write and deliver a program of H & S initiatives that bring H & S to life as part of Norseland's love the business initiative.
- Owning, Coordinating and delivering the implementation of the CSR plan.
- Advise the HR & CSR Manager on any necessary policy changes as needed, and update the company policies as required. Ensuring all company policies are up to date in line with best practice and UK Law
- Recruitment - Ensure all proactive and imaginative steps are taken to recruit all required staff, ensuring the staff are recruited in line with company practices and meet the recruitment timing targets, this to include, but not limited to Assessment Centres, open days, recruitment events.
- Recruitment - Ensure all new starters have a detailed induction in place.
- Ensure exit interviews are carried out with all resignations, producing a bi-annual report detailing evidence and recommended actions.
- Cover responsibilities for other HR team positions as required.
- Employee Engagement - Manage the Employee forum, currently known as the BIG Group.
- Employee Engagement - Manage and run the Social Committee ensuring you hit the relevant KPI's in regards to engagement and number of events run.
- Employee Engagement - Manage and run monthly and quarterly articles to engage the workforce with the aim of achieving the HR Plan.
- Employee Relations - Ensure all statutory meetings relating to Maternity, Flexible working, Investigation, Disciplinary's, Grievance's, OH etc are held within reasonable timescales and are documented and signed for at the time of the meeting, then retained for the appropriate timings.
- Learning and Development - Ensure all graduates and apprentices have a development plan in place.
- Learning & Development - Assist the HR & CSR Manager in ensuring all functions have a succession plan in place for key colleagues.
- Learning & Development - In conjunction with the L & D Advisor - Ensure a management development programme is in place to ensure Norseland's team of front line managers are living the Values and Goals.
- Performance Management - Ensure all staff identified as underperforming, have an EDP in place (Working with the L & D Advisor as required) and are reviewed at the appropriate timings
- Performance Management - Ensure all staff receive their 3 month and probationary period sign off meetings. Where required, include
- CSR - Organise and attend the required amount of community initiatives.
- CSR - Write or contribution towards 3rd Party awards as part of promoting Norseland campaign.
CSR - Actively develop a 'living & breathing regular stream of communication' within Norseland common areas.
The role carried with it an excellent benefits package.
Please note as a minimum educational requirement, applicants will either a CIPD Level 5 qualification and ideally working towards CIPD Level 7.
This is a multifaceted role that will gain the applicant experience of working across all HR disciplines.
- Working in a UK Human Resources Department: 3 years (Required)
- Diploma of Higher Education (Required)
To apply for this position please register your CV via our website for this HR Advisor Jobs in Somerset
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment are acting as an employment agency in relation to this HR Advisor Jobs in Somersetorset