Share this job on social:
About the job
- Always put the customer first and consider them in everything you do.
- Get to know your customers and serve them with pride.
- Help to ensure products and services are available for customers at all times.
- Handle all products with care to maintain quality and ensure they reach the customer in the best condition.
- Keep the shop floor and back areas clean and tidy at all times.
- Using the training you receive, follow department routines and processes.
- Follow all company policies and adhere to Health and Safety routines.
- Whilst you will have a core role, you may be asked to support your colleagues by helping in other departments.
- Must have previous management experience
- For the ‘Line Manager’ role you have a demonstrated track record of:
- Being passionate about delivering the right way for customers and colleagues
- Being adaptable and agile in your thinking
- Delivering key objectives in a fast paced environment
- Being the ‘Go To’ person for all queries for your department
- Shaping and influencing at the most senior level
- Previous Retail Experience preferred
LEADERSHIP SKILLS & STYLE
- You make time to build strong relationships with colleagues inside and outside of my store. I work collaboratively with my team to deliver results
- You are warm and welcoming in every interaction with colleagues and customers – putting people at the heart of everything that I do. I take time to see hear and recognise others. Colleagues see me being myself, sharing my passion and enthusiasm
- You use energy and resilience to keep momentum going when working in challenging environments. I make tough decisions when there is no right answer, staying true to my personal values
- Your colleagues see me doing the right things when things are going well and when times are tough. I know how to be at my best and inspire confidence in those around me
- You encourage others to think differently, providing an environment where creativity and new ideas are welcomed. I am keen to help deliver new initiatives, providing feedback on how they could be further improved
- A humble leader who lives the Tesco’s values
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
- Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- An annual bonus scheme where you could achieve up to 3.5% of eligible 2017/18 earnings.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Share Schemes
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & - Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
- Sunday and Out of Hours premiums available