Facilities Maintenance Engineer (M&E)
£28000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
Facilities Maintenance Engineer (M&E) Location: Andover Salary: £28,000 £33,000 Reports to: On site Lead Engineer Hours of work: 40 hours per week on a shift rota basis
Description Space Engineering Services are one of the most dynamic refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning service providers in Europe. We are proud to offer innovative products and services, and marketleading refrigeration technology, for which we have received awards and industry accreditations.
We offer all of our employees 30 days holiday. Our extensive benefits package includes; Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, Life cover 2x salary, Childcare Vouchers, Discount scheme including Gyms, Employee Assistance Programme, Introducers Bonus Scheme and an excellent pension scheme.
Department The Industrial Service department is responsible for providing proactive and reactive maintenance and compliance regimes to customers across Europe. The successful candidate will join the team of sitebased engineers to support the contract.
Main Purpose and Scope of the job As a Facilities Maintenance Engineer, you will be supporting Space Engineering Services by ensuring equipment located on site is maintained to the highest standard and all reactive issues are dealt with swiftly and effectively.
- Carry out maintenance tasks to a high standard.
- Completion of preplanned maintenance schedules on a wide variety of onsite equipment.
- Complete reactive service calls, diagnose and rectify the issue and return the equipment back to the client as quickly as possible.
- Assist with the permitting of contractors who attend site to complete work.
- Completion and filling of SOP paperwork.
- Update client reporting systems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Update client and company maintenance records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Update timekeeping information in an accurate and timely manner
- Other related tasks required by Space Engineering Services in order to ensure the areas operate effectively.
- Excellent attitude and approach to work.
- Highly selfreliant, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Approachable, open and able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
Skill Set, Qualifications and Experience
- Possess the relevant technical skills and knowledge required. These may include some or all of the following elements; electrical and mechanical plant, heating and ventilation and alarms systems, air conditioning and building controls. water and plumbing knowledge of water hygiene regulations
- Possess the technical competencies and certificates relevant to the skill set and grade.
- 2 years post qualification experience in the industry at the grade of engineer
- Possess the ability to understand and consistently complete work from SOPs (standard operating procedures)
- Good understanding of Commercial health and safety, permitting of works and safe systems of works.
- Drivers Licence + MEWP licence
- Microsoft Office experience Excel, word, outlook an advantage
- L8 awareness trained and legal compliance
- Asbestos awareness trained
- Racking inspection and repairs.
- Security, fire/smoke detection systems.
- 18th Edition Electrical qualification
Space Engineering is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and declares its opposition to any form of less favourable treatment, whether through direct or indirect discrimination, association or perception accorded to employees or job applicants, on the grounds of their; race, religion or belief, disability, ethnic origin, nationality, marital/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, gender, sexual orientation or age.
Posted 103 days ago