Share this job on social:
About the job
Full time position
Salary: £23,000 + benefits
Search Medical is collaborating with a highly successful clinic that holds a worldwide reputation for clinical excellence within Ophthalmology. They are looking for a Clinical Coordinator to join their small successful team. The purpose of this role is to coordinate the patients, clinicians and nurses.
- 28 days holiday
- Occupational pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Private dental care
- Childcare vouchers
- Annual Travel card loan
They offer a range of shift patterns covering 42 hours a week including a 1 hour lunch break. Shifts are typically 6:3015:00, 08:0016:30, 9:0017:30, 9:3018:00 and 12:0020:30. Morning and late shift will be dependent on the diary for that day.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet patients and ensure all the patients needs are met while visiting the practice
- Liaising with Surgeons, Optometrists, Nurses and Patient Care Coordinators to ensure the smooth running of the patients journey within the clinic
- Managing and coordinating multiple complex diaries of 8 Optometrists and 4 Surgeons.
- Initial point of contact and gatekeeping for all patients, daily vendors, visiting clinicians and contractors
- Fastpaced multitasking, completing tasks quickly in line with protocols and appropriately responding to priority situations
- Dispensing eye drops full training given to achieve Level 2 Dispensing Assistant Qualification
- Coordinate the running of surgery to include organising patients transport home and application of eye drops after surgery
- Taking payments and processing refunds on several databases
- Gathering feedback from patients via questionnaires, testimonials and electronic methods
- Keeping clinic areas clean and tidy and of an excellent standard
- To complete all relevant administration including scanning patient information, booking appointments, preparing templates, updating patient databases and making sure legal documents are submitted correctly
- To play an active part in the maintenance of a supportive learning environment within the clinic
- Opening and closing of the premises
- Run external surgeons clinics including liaising with their offices regarding booking appointments, payments and dealing with enquiries and complaints
- Helping less able patients to access clinic and anticipating individual needs
- Must assist all other teams where necessary.
Skills and experience required:
- A selfstarter
- A minimum of 2 years experience in customer facing roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Clerical and administrative experience using computers
- Working knowledge of a simple database application, word, excel, email and Internet
- Some post secondary education will be advantages
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excelled time management and ability to work to strict time restraints, using initiative to make prompt decisions
- Ability to deal with challenging characters and use initiative to foresee issues that may occur
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.