Job provided by Webrecruit
Share this job on social:
About the job
Job Title: Pet Health Advisor Manager
Location: Victoria animal hospital
Contract Type: Permanent, full time (42 hours)
Closing Date: 6 February 2019
What is the role?
The Victoria hospital is a busy 24/7 veterinary hospital providing care for pets of owners who can’t afford private veterinary fees. The PHA Manager leads a team of PHAs and volunteers who play a key role in the effective delivery of services and in ensuring the best outcome for patients and their owners by providing the highest level of customer service. The PHA team is the link between clients and the clinical team. This is an integral role in the senior hospital management team, as PHA manager, you will inspire and motivate the team to provide the best possible service to clients.
The team performs a very mixed role requiring flexibility and the ability to carry out any task required, from providing a friendly, calm and professional welcoming service to assisting with clinical tasks within the hospital and carrying out daily animal care duties. The team has to be able to adapt to individual client’s needs in what is a busy and demanding environment, demonstrating empathy and understanding.
The PHA Manager will help promote the services of the hospital, ensuring that our client is actively engaged in the local community, maximising fundraising and income generation and increasing the number of pets our client helps. This role also involves encouraging a team ethic, promoting efficient processes, assisting with volunteer management, financial processes, outreach services and aspects of hospital administration.
You will have a genuine desire to improve the lives of pets and their owners and be proactive in the promotion and delivery of our client’s aims.
What is required?
Our client is looking for people with the following:
- Extensive employment in a management role
- Effective team leadership
- Good standard of secondary education including English and Mathematics at GCSE or equivalent
- Experience of change management
- Dealing and interacting with a wide variety of the general public and their enquiries
- Experience of managing a team in a busy reception/front of house environment
- Experience of caring for/handling animals.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Current full manual driving licence
- Excellent communication, administration, numeracy and computer skills
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Office
- Ability to deliver high standards of customer care
It would also be great if you had:
- Previous experience of working in the charity/voluntary sector
- An understanding of confidentiality and Data Protection legislation
- Previous experience of a busy hospital/clinic environment
- Qualification in Animal Care or similar
- Understanding of animal health and wellbeing
- Experience of volunteer management
- Social media management
What’s in it for me?
Working for our client is very rewarding; they have been dedicated to helping pets since 1897! They value their brilliant employees and offer competitive benefits including:
- Salary £23,177 £30,723 plus £3,954 London Weighting Allowance per annum
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Life Insurance
Our client reserves the right to close this vacancy early should theyreceive an overwhelming response. For more information on this role please read the attached job description.
To apply for the role of Pet Health Advisor Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Pet Health Advisor Manager, PHA Manager, Senior Pet Healthcare Advisor, Senior Animal Healthcare Advisor, Pet Health Manager, Front of House Manager, Animal Welfare Supervisor, Charity.