Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Rochdale, Greater Manchester
pension + holidays
£34,000 to £38,000 doe Pension Free parking 25 days holiday plus Bank Holiday Employee Benefits Scheme
We are working exclusively on this assignment with or chosen business partner that have been established for well over 110 years. They are world leader in the design and manufacture of crushers, pumps, valves, cyclones, and other associated equipment for the minerals processing industries. It is growing exponentially and has revenue growth with output rising from £31million to circa £130million within the last 5 years. The company employs around 900 personnel across Europe.
* Manage and process design work associated with sales orders, which includes general arrangement drawings, cross sectional drawings and the detailing of fabrications and machined parts.
* Design work must be completed within contract timescales and with the highest level of accuracy.
* Ensure that the companys strict IP policies are adhered to at all times.
* Support for sales and shop floor when necessary including customer complaints, root cause analysis etc.
* Site work including measuring existing installations for new equipment.
* Support for Brownfield Optimisation and Solutions team.
* Assist with departmental projects regarding CE legislation including PED & ATEX.
* Assist with design optimization via Finite Element Method and hand calculation where necessary.
* Reviewing technical specifications for large tenders.
* Ideally degree qualified but will consider HNC/HND with 5+ years experience.
* Sound knowledge of Rotating equipment (e.g. Pumps & Gearboxes).
* Mineral processing and sand and aggregate processing equipment (e.g. hydrocyclone clusters, classifiers, vibrating screen machines.
* General experience in fabrication design verification such as walkways, towers, chutes for processing industries, tanks/hoppers, pressure vessels to PED etc.
* Major 3D CAD system experience.
* Ability to work well in a team and be able to communicate well with staff at all levels in the Business.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Posted 15 days ago