Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Male Only Health Care Assistants
Salary: £8.00-£9.50 per hour Negotiable DoE
Our client is a charitable organisation whose main aims include providing good quality housing for families in need, homes for frail and elderly, hostels for mental health, and developing specialist support units for special needs clients whenever the need arises.
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Male Only Health Care Assistants who are highly motivated individuals with good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills, that thrive on working independently and part of a cohesive team. Join our client, and enjoy great opportunities for professional growth in a challenging environment with flexible working hours which meets your needs.
Purpose of the Male Only Health Care Assistants Post:
- You will be a member of the care team appointed to support the physical, emotional and social needs of residents.
- You must maximise resident's independence, dignity and choice and must give adequate support, and if necessary, total care to residents.
- High standards of personal care and socially acceptable behaviour must constantly be maintained.
- To be involved in the social activities with residents e.g. outings, exercising and other simulative activities.
- To exercise responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act as laid down or as amended from time to time.
Skills & Requirements needed to become the Male Only Health Care Assistants:
- Basic Literacy & Numeracy skills
- Wiling to undertake QCF or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the needs of the resident and the role of the Carer/Health Care Assistant (HCA)
- Willing to develop skills and competency relevant to the role
- Health & Social Care experience or previous experience as a carer
- Understanding of the cultural ethos of the home and willingness to extend this knowledge
- Must be Hepatitis B immune or be willing to undergo an immunisation course
- Friendly and caring environment
- Beautiful unique care home
- 24 hour support for staff
- Competitive salary
- Conveniently located in between Stoke Newington & Manor House station
Our client is interviewing immediately so if you feel as though you meet the criteria then please apply now!
Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.