Share this job on social:
About the job
SEND Teacher / Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Teacher
Do you hold current UK QTS or Degree with teaching experience? Can you engage young adults with challenging behaviour? Have you worked with children and young adults with MLD and autism?
TeacherActive are working with specialist schools and colleges across Pontefract and they are in need of a SEND Teacher to provide day to day and long term cover.
This is a fantastic opportunity to extend your SEND experience in a range of different settings. We have experienced and dedicated SEND Consultants choosing placements that suit your availability, preference and skills.
The right SEND Teacher will have the following:
- Qualified Teacher Status, 6 months previous SEND experience
- Flexible and able to cover classes last minute to cover for staff sickness or training
- Lessons will often be pre-planned; however, ideally capable of planning your own lesson activities and resources
- Adapting tasks to meet the needs of individual children
- Effective behaviour management skills
- Effective communication with members of internal staff, including SENCO
In return, TeacherActive will offer leading industry rates, a no hassle payment scheme, CPD advice and support and a unique referral scheme Terms and Conditions apply.
If you think you would be suitable for this role as an SEND Teacher, contact Armani on ##### ######or email #####@######.###
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services.