Job provided by Luton Bennett
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Quality Control Laboratory Technician
Up to £21,000 + Holidays + Contributory Pension + Bonus + Training
Days and Nights
Laboratory QC Technician required for a leading beverage manufacturer. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to step into a laboratory career with experience in a leading soft drinks business.
To apply for this role, you will ideally come from a food or beverage background or be someone with basic laboratory experience looking to move into this industry. Basic analytical and microbiological testing skills are essential.
You will spend 80% of your time based in the laboratory where you will carry out scheduled routine testing as well as supporting production through batch release.
The other 20% of your time will be spent on the factory floor where you will be responsible for carrying out internal audits and collecting samples as well as releasing production lines through hygiene swabbing.
You will work 12 hour shifts on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and complete a half day on a Thursday. One week of days 6am to 6pm and one week of nights 6pm to 6am.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well established and reputable company. They can offer the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to begin or continue their laboratory career.
· 80% Lab based, 20% factory floor
· Micro and analytical product testing and inspection
· Working to company and ISO quality standards
· Isolating Non-Conforming Materials
· GMP Auditing and improvements
· Conduct sensory assessments
· Laboratory and factory equipment calibration
· Alternating weeks of day shifts followed by night shifts each followed by a long weekend
· From a food and beverage QC background or a graduate looking to step into a laboratory role
· Ability to work independently and integrate into diverse teams
· Highly organised and methodical ways of working
· Ability to generate scientific reports
· Support the core company values and drive improvements