Job provided by Randstad
Share this job on social:
About the job
The harder you work, the luckier you get.
Do you have experience working with students with emotional and social difficulties? Are you a qualified SEN Teacher? Are you looking for a chance to engage students in their learning?
This small school in the Arundel area are searching for an experienced SEN teacher join their passionate team working with children between the ages of 11 and 16. For this role the successful candidate will have experience working with young children with social and emotional difficulties. The students at this school have a variety of social, emotional and mental health challenges, meaning that the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate flexibility, resilience and patience. This role is working with small groups of 4 students as well as 1 to 1 teaching.
- Dedicated consultant
- CV and career advice tailored to you
- Salary negotiation on your behalf
- Flexibility of work pattern for other roles
- Career progression
- Access to all school facilities
- Onsite parking
- A supportive leadership team
- Development and training opportunities
- Manage learners progress and attainment
- Keep record of students progress
- The ability to teach learners on the autistic spectrum and manage their development
- Create stimulating and engaging lessons for the students
- An understanding of each students individual health plan
- Liaise with core teaching staff to ensure all learners are supported
- Plan and deliver lessons in accordance with school curriculum
- Deliver 1:1 or small group focused lessons when required
- Contributing to continued academic and social growth of each child
Please note that candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role will not be considered.
- Ability to look after the students physical, social and emotional well being
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Experience of working with young people with Learning disabilities, ASC and challenging behaviour
- 2 references from the last 5 years (1 must be a full childbased safeguarding reference)
- An uptodate DBS on the update service
- A job history for the last 10 years
- Patience and flexibility to deal with changes that may present themselves due to the nature of the learners
This role is a permanent role due to start ASAP, so if you are interested and would like to be considered then please apply today!
All potential candidates will be subject to background checks and must be able to work in the UK.
If this role sounds like the perfect fit apply today! Or if this isnt just right please do contact us about are other current roles that may be of interest.