- Outstanding job opening for Night Co-ordinator to work with one of the UK leading mental health provider. The role: The Night Co-ordinator will have line management responsibility for the whole Region. Their role is to support and advice staff in their clinical practice and to monitor the standard of care given, ensuring that it reflects the hospitals standards and policies. Managerial support for this role will be given by the Senior Nurse on call. Regular managerial supervision will be provided by the Director of Nursing. The successful candidate will offered an excellent salary of 35,450.00 per annum plus other great benefits. The service is a low secure and locked rehabilitation service for men with learning disability and autism spectrum disorder, and for women with learning disability Duties:
- The post holder will monitor staff in direct patient care programmes and activities.
- The post holder will embrace those managerial duties that require them to respond to night emergency situations, and the deployment of staff. To be the administrator of incidents/accidents that needs to be referred to a higher body.
- The post holder will be either ward based during part of the night, or peripatetic providing input into a group of wards across the region.
- The post holder will liaise closely with the appropriate Ward Managers responsible for the 24 hour continuing responsibility of a ward.
- The post holder will, in consultation, develop recognised and acceptable standards of care affecting the night service and will be expected to work an agreed number of day shifts per year to attend appropriate meetings, thus ensuring that policies and philosophies are being developed to reflect the full 24 hour service and to complete their mandatory and statutory training.
- The post holder will ensure that both themselves and those staff working nights are fully conversant with existing hospital policies and procedures.
To be successful as a Night services co-ordinator, youll need:
- Minimum Qualifications
- At least 3 years post-registration experience
- Management Training/previous responsibility desirable
Reference ID: 2178
Posted 143 days ago