Dorking, Surrey, England
£0 per year
We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Pelham Woods is a motivated, inclusive inpatient rehabilitation service which has recovery and patient involvement at it's core. The site has a Good rating overall with 'Outstanding' for 'Well-led'.
The Hospital is well placed to serve the south east of England and provides for the needs of women who have complex mental health problems, enduring mental disorder and/or personality difficulties.
The hospital is set in picturesque grounds overlooking the Surrey Hills and has extensive facilities including onsite Gym, Purpose Built Occupational Kitchen and is rich in therapies which include Clinical Psychology, Art Psychotherapy and Dramatherapy.
As the First Chef you will lead the provision of a catering service within the hospital, with particular emphasis on the
planning, preparation, cooking and serving of meals within the financial budgets which are given.
You will have responsibility for our Full Time Assistant Chef and Part-time Catering Assistant also as well as ensuring that Health and Safety and Food Standards Regulations are adhered too.
To be successful in this role you will need:-
- Substantial experience as a Chef
- Budgetary management skills
- Good understanding of Health and Safety
- Excellent team working ethics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Computer Literate including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A flexible, motivated and enthusiastic approach to work
- Customer and Patient focused
- Experience of working within an office environment
- Management Skills
Some of the benefits we offer are:-
- Free onsite meals and free onsite parking
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 Days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Voluntary benefits including childcare vouchers and car leasing
- Full Extensive Training Induction plus opportunities to do further training while in the role.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Posted 37 days ago