£22290 per annum
Salary: £22,290 Pro Rata (Including London Weighting)
Hours: 14 - 21 hours per week (negotiable)
Working in a busy Students’ Union finance department supporting the Finance Manager in recording and retrieving financial details, including maintaining financial records, accounts payable and cash handling.. Based in South West London, the successful Finance Assistant will earn
a basic salary of £22,290 Pro Rata per annum.
The Student Union is the focal point for all social activities at the university aswell as providing support to students through their experience. Running regular
activities, the Union provides its students with a unique and exciting entry into
student life. The successful Finance Assistant will manage the running of the Roehampton
Students’ Union finances. As an Finance Manager your main duties and responsibilities will
include but are not limited to:
● Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
● Responsible for processing sales and purchase invoices and supporting the accounts payable and accounts receivable function
● Input journals into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
● Assist in the production of financial statements and preparation of notes, reports and correspondence as required.
● Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the Union’s financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
● Responsible for the ensuring timely payment of invoices
● Responsible for processing staff expense claims
● Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of the monthly management accounts and other internal and external reporting. .
● To carry out any other reports/duties as may be reasonable in line with this role or as delegated.
● To ensure the security of Union property at all times, ensuring that the correct cash handling procedures are adhered to.
● To report all operational concerns and other relevant issues to Management in an appropriate and timely manner.
To be considered for the Finance Assistant you must be driven and enthusiastic. The organisation
are especially interested in speaking to candidates with experience in a finance role. In addition, your main duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
● To act at all times in accordance with the SU policy on Equal Opportunities and demonstrate appropriate levels of conduct and behaviour at the University premises
● Attend appropriate training, conferences and meetings as required.
● Undertake other tasks and responsibilities compatible with the level and nature of the post, as required by any member of the Finance department.
● Adhere to the SU Constitution, policies and procedures at all times, including the Equality and Diversity Statement and the Health and Safety and Sustainability Policies.
● Contribute to the positive image of the SU with students, the University, the local community and other relevant organisations.
If you are interested in the Finance Assistant role based in Roehampton, please apply by submitting a copy of your Cv below
Posted 34 days ago