Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
HGV Class 1 Driver
Location: Wakefield - WF6 2UA
Salary: £30,326 based on a 48 hour week
Hours of Work: Start time 4:00PM
About the Company:
Bibby Distribution Ltd has been operating under the Bibby Line Group umbrella since 1985 servicing household names from our 70 locations across the UK.
Our vehicle fleet includes 370 artics, 230 rigids and 1500 trailers operating from several million square feet of warehousing which provide employment for around 2,000 people. A planned policy of growth and development seeks to see this figure increase continually, through organic growth and selective acquisition.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to the health, safety, welfare, training and development of all our colleagues along with our excellent benefits package that is offered to all employees.
Due to expansion, Bibby Distribution currently has excellent opportunities at our Wakefield Depot for experienced Class 1 (C&E) qualified driver.
Please note this role is multi drop and is also a manual hands on role. Deliveries to Mercedes Benz garages
You should be able to fully demonstrate a high level of driving competence and have a flexible approach to your work. Undertaking the delivery / collection of product on behalf of Bibby Distribution Limited and its customers.
HGV Class 1 Driver Responsibilities:
- General driving duties, observing current legal and best practice delivering and collection to/from our customer's premises or other BDL locations.
- Wearing correct company uniform & PPE (clean & in good repair).
- Maintaining a professional standard when representing BDL whilst delivering, driving or collecting products.
- Carry out pre-use checks prior to using any equipment / vehicle / trailer, complying with appropriate documentation &procedures.
- Reporting of any vehicle defects / damage or H&S issues to BDL management.
- Ensuring that vehicle loads are safe and damage free, secured with the appropriate restraints as per company procedures / Safe Systems of Work.
- Check/ complete /retain and hand over all load documentation/POD's and delivery paperwork.
- Ensure that the returned goods process is followed at all times.
- Provide relevant feedback to management on information gathered whilst completing your duties.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness using all equipment safely as specified in operating procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- Comply with all EU drivers' hours / tachograph / WTD regulations. (including GB Domestic where appropriate).
- Adhere to all H&S rules. Comply with other sites rules and maintain high standards of compliance, hygiene and housekeeping.
- Operate in accordance with BDL's policies and procedures.
- Nights out may be required in line with operational requirements.
- Comply with any other reasonable requests from Management
HGV Class 1 Driver Requirements:
- Candidate must have no more than 6 points (current) on their licence and no endorsements for DD / DR offence codes.
- Candidate must have an NI number in order to check licence information
- Must have a current, valid licence appropriate to the category required. (C1 for 7.5tMAM, C for rigid vehicles up to 32 MAM and C+E for articulated vehicles) (MAM maximum authorized Mass)
- Candidates with a non-GB driving licence and who live in GB must provide evidence of a GB Certificate of registration, which can be obtained free from the DVLA on submission of Form D9.
- Must be capable of passing a company driving assessment.
- Must have experience of loading / unloading and delivering goods to customer premises. Experience of multi-drop deliveries desirable.
- A reasonable geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Good understanding of Drivers Hours & WTD regulations.
- A current Driver Qualification Card and preferably have accrued sufficient hours towards the next qualification period.
- Must have a current /working digi-tacho card.
- Must be able to pass a company medical.
HGV Class 1 Driver Benefits:
- Full Uniform;
- 20 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
- Tax-free Allowances;
- Free cash healthcare scheme for all employees including dependent children;
- Extensive discount and savings scheme on thousands of high street stores and travel providers;
- Drivers Medicals reimbursed;
- Online access to your payslips, holiday bookings and other personal information;
- Virtual GP surgery and private prescription service;
- Online health assessment;
- Overtime available;
- Cash rewards for long service, dedication to values and nominate a colleague scheme;
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with O2;
- Payroll giving and match funding on charity fundraising for all employees.
If you meet the HGV Class 1 Driver requirements and feel the role would be a good fit, then please apply today!