Interim Head of Financial Accounting
£60000.00 - £68000 per annum
My client is a recognisable brand name looking for someone to join the team to cover a period of maternity leave for around 12 months and based in Central London. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the main responsibilities of the Interim Head of Financial Accounting are as follows:
* Lead on and manage the year end process, taking ownership of any statutory reporting issues and advise on SORP reporting requirements.
* Manage a team of 12 on a day to day basis, ensuring the completion of annual reviews and regular 121s.
* Act as the main point of contact for the auditors, dealing with any queries they may have.
* Oversee the cashflow reporting and treasury management and reporting.
* Be the main point of contact for all tax and VAT related issues, providing guidance on the charitys complex VAT arrangements.
The successful candidate will:
* Be a qualified accountant, preferably with 45 years postqualification experience.
* Have previous experience of leading on a yearend process for a sizeable, complex charity with knowledge of charity SORP.
* Be an experienced manager of a team of at least 6
* Enjoy working in a busy but fun environment where all parties are striving for excellence.
* Be available immediately or with a short notice period.
This is a genuinely excellent opportunity to work in an organisation doing fantastic work in their sector. Please do not delay in applying as it will likely close before the advertised date.
Posted 9 days ago