Job provided by Vision for Education
Share this job on social:
About the job
Senior Behavioural Support Assistant - PRU
- £80-£100 per day
- Supply work long term through Vision for Education
Vision for Education is recruiting on behalf of an SEMH setting based in Wakefield, who are seeking an experienced Behavioural Support Worker for a full time, long term, commitment, with the potential to become permanent.
The role will commence on a termly basis, but initial permanent contracts may be considered for outstanding candidates.
A varied, challenging, demanding post in a progressive and growing school. A key role within the Pastoral Team working with young people with SEMH, SEND and SpLD to support their learning and progress within school.
The successful Senior Behavioural Support Assistant - PRU would work with a variety of groups around school as required. They may provide 1:1 Support and Intervention, they may also be required to take on a group or 'specialist subject' support role.
Working hours for this post are term time, Monday - Friday 8.30 - 16.00 on a weekly basis, with some requirement to stay on for staff meetings or training.
- You must hold a valid Team Teach Qualification (12 Hour) or be able to complete this training (FREE OF CHARGE) with ourselves
- It is vital that you are emotionally resilient, positive, tenacious and understand the importance of nurture and consistency in young people's lives
- Must enjoy building long term working relationships with young people and have a genuine desire to support them to fulfil their potential
- You must be able to separate the behaviour from the individual themselves and focus on support strategies
- Embrace the importance of social and emotional development for each young person
- Be calm and positive with a fun and 'can do' attitude
- A desire to help young people and work as part of a focused and hardworking staff team
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
This role is handled by Vision for Education Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
£50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Huddersfield SEND team today!