Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Position: Senior Network Analyst (FTSE100 Client)
Location: Central London (zone 1)
Start date: ASAP
Role type: Permanent
Salary: £60-65K + Pension (12%) + Bonus (10%) + Share save + medical insurance + life assurance + gym
Our client is an industry leading Plc organisation based in the Central London who require an Senior Network Analyst to join an existing team of highly proficient network & infrastructure engineers. Applicants will need to have the requisite communication skills demanded by a FTSE100 company.
The Role as Senior Network Analyst:
The Senior Network Analyst is accountable for ensuring that the organisation's network infrastructure is performant, scalable, resilient and fit for business needs. The role requires an energetic, engaging, dynamic and passionate individual with an excellent attention to detail to work on the following elements;
- 2nd and 3rd line support of the corporate network infrastructure. Technical management of 3rd party resources providing network support services at all sites.
- Assisting with project delivery based on the ongoing portfolio.
- Ensuring that systems remain sustainable through lifecycle management and software updates.
- Research emerging technologies to ensure that strategic requirements are supported by appropriate technologies.
- Monitor network and security infrastructure components to ensure they are running at optimal levels
- Troubleshoot issues and failures, to maintain high level of systems availability.
- Ensure disruptions to services are kept to a minimum. All changes need to be well planned, communicated with appropriate notice and authorised through correct channels.
- Assist or lead the research, procurement, testing, implementation and support of both business and infrastructure IS projects, working with internal and external resources as necessary.
- Ensure relevant projects or portions of are delivered within agreed Time/Cost/Quality constraints.
- Evaluate project solutions to ensure they fit into the IS strategy, are cost effective, have a valid security model and do not compromise the integrity of other IS systems.
- Create and maintain project plans, budgets and highlight reports for technical project s under own control.
- Manage Technical relationship with 3rd party vendors and suppliers ensuring compliance to service levels.
- Ensure compliance on licensing and adequate levels of external support for hardware and software are in place.
- Manage own programme of works and produce bi-weekly highlight reports of progress escalating priority conflicts when they occur
- Take responsibility for internal cross training of own specialist knowledge to ensure there are no single points of failure.
- Ensure services and the surrounding processes are accurately documented and following best practice methodologies such as ITIL.
- Research and implement emerging technologies and solutions which may provide performance, functionality, or cost enhancements in line with security based strategic goals.
- Assist in the creation of short, medium and long-term strategy
- Create a roadmap for continual security/network program improvements
Experience required for the role as Senior Network Analyst:
In addition to excellent communication, collaboration and people management skills, you should possess very good organisational skills, be a pragmatic person and highly focused on delivery. You should possess at least 7+ years' experience of supporting and administering a security and networking LAN & WAN infrastructure for a large plc/blue-chip client and will be CCNP qualified.
Must be able to demonstrate expert hands on experience and detailed knowledge of the design, implementation and support of the following technologies:
- Switching and Routing
- Cyber Security
- Various WAN technologies including LES circuits, IPClear, ISDN, DSL, MPLS
- WAN protocols
- Network management and monitoring
- Site and user VPN's
- Extranet design
- Meraki Wireless technologies
- Cisco product range
- Firewalls - Preferably Checkpoint
- Establish short and long-range security and compliance goals
- Assist in defining strategies, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
- Azure cloud solutions
If you feel you meet the above criteria of this Senior Network Analyst role then please apply now!